NRC Uganda is looking for a qualified Accountant to fill in the position of Finance Officer at their Country office in Kampala. If this call suits your profile, submit that resume, it could be you.
- Support in ensuring that accurate and timely accounts are submitted to country office in Kampala by 5th of every month in accordance with NRC financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure safe custody of NRC finances and keep the petty cash float, to be issued in accordance with NRC policies and procedures.
- Assemble documents for data input in the accounting system, verifying and registering project numbers/codes, resource numbers and total costs.
- Review payment requests for accuracy, completeness, compliance, level of authorization and clarity on the invoices and seek advice from the finance officer if need arises.
- Prepare and review of payment vouchers and invoices for accuracy and reconcile discrepancies.
- Support the Finance Coordinator in Kampala in day to day reconciliations and financial analysis
- Provides assistance in timely monthly closing and ensuring Country Offices are able to close on agreed upon deadlines
- Review financial reports and documents from the field offices and insure that they are timely received.
- Work closely with logistic department to insure that asset register is updated regularly and match physical assets.
- Prepare a trip report for each assignment and submit to FC and FM
- Provide training and support to finance and non-finance staff regarding generally accepted financial procedures and NRC internal controls.
- Assist in yearend closing and audit document preparation
- Participate in and facilitate country finance workshops and training as required;
- Maintain open communication with Finance, program staff and others for all financial clarifications
- Focal person for audit documents and facilitate the process.
- Ensure proper management of accounting documents and records
- Coordinate financial matters with third parties like banks, vendors and tax authorities.
Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- 2 year of INGO experience is a plus
- CPA2 qualification is added advantage
- Knowledge of Agresso is added advantage.