Nakasero Hospital is a private hospital that was started by a group of Consultant Doctors in 2009 who came together with a goal of setting up a world-class hospital that would meet the healthcare needs of Ugandans and East Africans who were seeking medical treatment outside the region, due to the gap in quality healthcare services in the country.
In all we do, we must remember this background and uphold this goal, guided by the vision, mission and values of the hospital.
Our Mission is to provide quality, sustainable, compassionate health care by leveraging local and international talent and state-of-the-art technology.
As such we are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Food Expeditor.
You may also like :
- United Nations recruitment 2023/2024 Online application form
- IOM Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
- Coca-Cola Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
Job Purpose: To ensure a smooth flow of orders and efficient delivery of service by ensuring quality and proper presentation of food in a timely manner
- Obtain and maintain knowledge of all menu items at all times.
- Ensure that serving utensils are available (soup spoons, dessert forks, tea spoons), and polishes as necessary.
- Ensure the efficient flow of orders from Waiters to the kitchen for preparation
- Ensure orders are being prepared with the correct priority
- Ensure all orders coming from the kitchen are assembled and complete for pick up
- Examine portioning and garnishing of all completed food orders.
- Check all orders carefully, and communicate with servers for any items missing from an order
- As orders arrive from the kitchen match each kitchen plate with the order slip
- Make sure all items are on plates as ordered and mark off the order slip
- Make sure that side dishes are ready and complete with each order
- Check dishes before delivery for accuracy, presentation and temperature
- Inspect the premises according to quality and sanitation standards and assist in cleaning of the Cafeteria work surfaces.
- Handle and resolve complaints from clients and keep immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Proven experience as food expeditor or other restaurant position
- Understanding of health and safety rules in a restaurant
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to treat all clients with utmost kindness and consideration in the most trying situations
- Able to work under minimum supervision
Knowledge/Qualifications and Experience
- A Diploma in catering and hotel management or equivalent qualification in catering.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Analytical, communication, and writing skills.
- An analytical, problem-solving and creative work approach.
Candidates that have relevant experience, meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should submit their applications, Curriculum vitae, and academic certificates to the Human Resource Manager Not later than Thursday 23rd March 2022.
Nakasero Hospital provides an equal opportunity for all qualified persons and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, ethnicity, tribe, national origin, ancestry, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Canvassing or lobbying by an applicant directly or indirectly in connection with any appointment shall disqualify the applicant.
Nakasero Hospital does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.