- Manage the country-wide direction, policies and processes, investigative prioritization and operational execution with regard to all fraud and potential fraud cases related to customers, sales agents, and repayment of loan obligations associated with M-KOPA’s products and services
- Own the full cycle of consumer fraud risk management, from establishing systems and processes for prevention, to leading analytical detection and diagnosis of fraud events, to preparation and carrying out of investigations and criminal proceedings, to implementing mitigation measures as necessary
- Manage a team of field investigators and data analysts to prevent, uncover, investigate and address fraudulent activities related to M-KOPA’s products, sales processes and customers
- Develop and maintain policies and processes related to fraud prevention and management
- Manage stakeholder engagement and communications within the company related to fraud
- Manage KPIs and drive accountability for cost-effective achievement of team objectives
- Proactively initiate new methods of prevention, monitoring and addressing fraud that can drive improvement in the company’s ability to foresee systemic risks and how to address them early
- Ensure data-driven decisioning and prioritization about focus areas and approaches
- Ensure professional standards of quality of data, case records, and process adherence
- Collaborate with sales and customer-oriented departments to drive innovative risk mitigates
- . Collaborate with our product development department to develop products that reduce fraud risk, through technical solutions, monitoring systems, and business model approaches
- Work closely with the legal and audit departments to carry out criminal investigations, internal disciplinary processes, and other proceedings as may be required
Education and Required Skills.
- Certification in a fraud related discipline, such as Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
- Five or more years of experience leading data-driven fraud investigations, through functions including fraud management, fraud analytics, internal audit, forensic investigations, or criminal justice
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Sharepoint, and PowerBI or other data visualization systems
- Strong comfort with data, analytical thinking, causal diagnosis, interpretation of trends and graphs
- Strong background in cost-effective decision-making including ROI analysis and KPI monitoring
- Ability to manage accountability or both field-based operational teams and desk-based analytical resources, ensuring coordination, prioritization, and effectiveness from case sourcing to resolution
- Knowledgeable in identifying indicators of fraud through data mining and analytical exercises.
- Understanding of country’s criminal justice systems and processes and comfort interacting with various stakeholders related to fraud investigations, including customers, law enforcement, staff, etc.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with key stakeholders and manage business expectations, fairly engage with customers and staff, and relate findings clearly and effectively
- Clear and effective written and verbal communications and presentation of information
- A positive, learning-oriented attitude and capacity for self-empowerment
- Five years’ work experience in a professional role
- Proficiency in English required, one or more additional languages preferred