Green Banking Uganda– Capacity Building on Green Energy and Climate Finance is a training programme directed towards financial institutions and clean energy market sector players interested in scaling up lending activities to decentralised renewable energy (decentralised RE) and energy efficient (EE) technologies.
The training package will be offered in Uganda starting from 1st December 2021.
Up to 80 scholarships for the participation in the Online Training and up to 12 scholarships for the Train-the-Trainer course are available to Ugandan finance professionals. The scholarships are financed through the GIZ programme DIAPOL-CE.
The capacity building programme will include an overview of the Ugandan energy market, key climate finance principles, SME finance, RE technologies for productive use and rural electrification as well as technical and financial assessment of RE/EE projects. The courses will be focusing on financial and risk evaluation of RE/EE technologies and services.
Theory content will be applied to case studies and four live webinars, including a business plan modeling virtual class, all in the Ugandan content.
Financial Institutions’ front line staff, credit analysts, risk analysts, branch and product managers active in:
- Microfinance Institutions (MFIs) and SACCOs
- Commercial banks
- Insurance companies
- Development Finance Institutions (DFIs)
- Institutional investors
- Private equity, risk capital and infrastructure funds
- SMEs and NGOs active in rural electrification projects
- Policy makers and multipliers from ministries, departments and sector agencies
- Trainers of banks’ internal training departments
- Press and multipliers specialised in sustainable development and finance
- Applications are open! Deadline for application: 24th October, 2021
- Scholars will be selected on the basis of the information given in the application form, their professional background and motivation for green finance are the main criteria
- Participation on a self-payment basis is not possible
- The courses, case studies and webinars are conducted in English
- Applicants must reside in Uganda or work for a Ugandan institution
Participants receive a RENAC certificate upon successful completion of the training after taking a multiple-choice exam. For any question, please e-mail our Green Banking team at: greenbanking-afrika[at]renac.de.