Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Uganda?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Cooperation Section of the EU Delegation to Uganda, starting in September 2021.
- Research and analyse information;
- Contribute to the drafting of analytical reports and briefings on cooperation matters (democratic governance, human rights, civil society, youth, gender, sustainable growth and jobs);
- Support to the preparation of events organised by the Delegation;
- Participate in external meetings and events and report about them;
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough, applicants currently residing in Uganda will only be considered
- At least a Bachelor Diploma (or equivalent) in the field of political science, social science or economics;
- Very good command of spoken and written English;
- Highly motivated, willing to learn and able to work in a multi-cultural team;
- Able to demonstrate strong sense of initiative, research, writing and analytical skills;
- Skilled in using Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Proven interest for international relations and socio-economic development.
Additional requirements that would be an asset:
- Completed or ongoing master studies in international relations or related field;
- Experience in development cooperation and in particular democratic governance, human rights, civil society, youth, gender, sustainable growth and jobs ;
- Knowledge of Uganda’s institutional system and context;
- Experience in working in a team and in coordinating inputs from various colleagues;
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-UGANDA-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu(link sends e-mail) and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV)
- (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – Name/Cooperation Section
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in Uganda must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.
The deadline for submitting applications is 15/06/2021