Fundraising Officer Job Description:
The Uganda Biodiversity Trust Fund (UBF) is an independent funding Institution, ‘a Trust
Fund’ established as a mechanism to provide sustainable financing for the conservation of
priority biodiversity in Uganda. The UBF was registered in August 2016 under the
Trustees’ Incorporation Act of 1939, Chapter 165. The Trust Deed that regulates the UBF
states that its mission is “to serve as a catalyst for mobilizing, managing and channeling
financial resources for biodiversity conservation and sustainable use of natural resources
in Uganda for the benefit of current and future generations. The Trust is not an
implementing organization; it provides grants and financial support to other institutions
that are involved in the implementation of projects to protect biodiversity and ecosystem
services. The UBF intends to recruit a fundraising officer to support the fundraising efforts
of the fund.
Job Purpose: The Fundraising Officer has the primary responsibility for planning,
developing, and implementing innovative Fundraising Strategies and developing
partnerships with other relevant organizations for funding. This Role will focus largely on
the engagement of the Private sector to actively participate and fund Biodiversity
Conservation through building the Endowment Fund.
Overview of the Position
Job Title: Fundraising Officer
Reports to: Fundraising and Investment Manager (Will Report to ED in the meantime)
Responsible for: None
Directorate: Fundraising and Investment
Job Role: Implement UBTF’s Fundraising and Investment Strategy and deliver UBTF’s specific fundraising Programs relating to donors and grants.
Person Specifications Qualifications:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Development Studies, Business Administration, Mass Communication, or any other related discipline from a recognized institution
• A postgraduate qualification in an area related to Project Planning and Fundraising. Three years’ experience in raising funds for NGOs is acceptable instead of the qualification.
• At least three years of relevant work experience in a reputable organization
• Demonstrated experience in writing and winning funding proposals.
• Developing and running successful fundraising Campaigns
Skills Abilities and Competencies:
• Communication skill
• Project Proposal writing skills
• Networking skills
• Report writing
• Analytical skills
• Negotiation skills
• Ability to do fundraising
• Public relations skills
• Ability to establish critical working relationships
• Ability to promote and safeguard UBTF policies
• Ability to conduct power analysis
DOWNLOAD : FULL JOB DETAILS >>>
How to apply?
All candidates should send their applications with updated CVs including three work related referees addressed to: The Executive Director through e-mail address
firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate the title of the Job you are applying for in the Subject line of the Email.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Any applications submitted after the
deadline shall not be considered.
Deadline: 24th June 2021