About World Action Fund
World Action Fund in a non-profit and Non governmental organisation founded in 2014, operating in Uganda . The organization delivers its mission to support in Community Health, Education, Refugees and Emergencies, environmental conservation and climate change, Youth Livelihood and social enterprise, Disability Inclusion, affordable and sustainable access to Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
The Fundraising Officer generates funds through the development of targeted programs as well as fundraising initiatives involving, crowdfunding, new and developing media and technologies. The Digital Fundraising Manager meets short-term and long-term goals from new and existing sources by developing “best practices” for digital fundraising across multiple platforms.
Reporting to the Executive Director of the organisation to work and generate Marketing skills and Communications strategies, the Fundraising Officer focuses on cultivating donations through email acquisitions; online crow funding platforms, organising events, birth days etc new methods of electronic fundraising such as social media and mobile; third-parties; and is responsible for cultivating new donors prospects through newly developing avenues, and generating and managing on collection of funds and remits once the set targets are achieved.
The Fundraising Officer is accountable for contributing to World Action Fund financial health and for active collaboration with numerous corporation, and individual donors. Develops and implements digital fundraising programs (including new and existing e-newsletters and e-renewals), online content monetization, widgets, online application development, second-screen donations, hybrids utilizing traditional mail and on-air techniques, as well as collaboration with local and national, international partners. Supervises delivery of fundraising campaigns across digital, mobile, social media, and developing channels. Provides leadership for improving World Action Fund online fundraising pages and communications on www.worldactionfund.org for projects such as continuing donor development strategy, micro-donations, and other off-air activities.
Manages cultivation of prospects through digital fundraising tools and initiates strategies to foster higher giving levels. Oversees current and ongoing email marketing programs from a fundraising perspective including e-renewals. Key focus on developing email acquisition campaigns for member cultivation directed at new donors and lapsed donors.
Engage individuals, Digital, Development partners to ensure the implementation of key touch points across digital media to foster member cultivation on social media, web, mobile and developing platforms.
Develops standardized digital fundraising procedures and ensures those standards are followed company-wide so that online and digital facing constituents receive a tailored and structured set of online and digital giving opportunities and services.
Works closely with the Executive Director to set performance benchmarks and targets across all digital fundraising channels. Implements user testing techniques to improve response rates and increase donor retention. Evaluates and reports on monthly project accomplishments and budgets.
Works closely with Executive Director, Interactive to analyze and make recommendations regarding the organisation electronic communications strategies to ensure the highest potential level of fundraising cultivation. Also works with the team and to ensure all digital fundraising offers a great user experience, and is created in keeping with the organisation’s brand.
Develop and test new initiatives and innovative concepts for public media fundraising.
- Mininium qualification of Bachelor’s degree in any related field and at least 3 to years of experience in progressively challenging professional fundraising roles with biase in crowd and event organisation for fundraising and coroperate engagement with companies.
- Strong knowledge of current and developing online fundraising strategies, social media, mobile and new technologies.
- Must understand “best practices” across multiple platforms and the knowledge base to develop “best practices” for emerging media types. Strong communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders globally.
- A true team player who understands how to work productively and remotely as own schedule time with no disparate and conflicting goals.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge and strong interest in public media, digital fundraising, marketing and design.
- Knowledge of customer relationship management systems (CRM), email service providers, internet applications, and content publishing tools.
- Familiarity with a variety of resources to keep up-to-date on the latest news in digital fundraising, marketing, sales, and design.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and goals while working under pressure.
- Project management experience in digital media required.
- Appreciation for public media’s mission
- Experience within public media online desired but not a requirement, crowd fundraising required.
- Experience with graphic design desired, but not required.
- Experience with Charity fundraising and working remotely
How to apply
Please submit resume/CV and cover letter to Recruitment Departmenet World Action Fund P.O Box 5360 Kampala or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please don’t send academic papers or any other documents apart from CV/resume).
This is a consultancy position (remote online or physically where necessary due to the pandemic, we prefer remote works), Terms and Reference: This is a volunteer position, attrack no monthly payments and more terms of reference shall be discussed after selecting the rightful candidate, Note: additional volunteer allowances and reimbuserment of expenses will be based on the successful accomplishment of the first set target and upon successful fundraising target agreed and the extra allowances shall be payable based on the agreed amount and the contract signed
Deadline 15th January 2021, 05: 00 EAT