Solidaridad is an international solution-oriented civil society organization with over 50 years of experience in developing solutions to make communities more resilient and create more sustainable supply chains. We work throughout the entire value chain to make sustainability the norm. Our innovative solutions support the transition to an inclusive economy that provides sustainable livelihoods with fair and profitable business opportunities. This includes decent working conditions, a fair living wage, and production in balance with nature so that all people can thrive now and for generations to come. Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, Solidaridad East, and Central Africa has country offices and programmes in Ethiopia, Tanzania, and Uganda, and outreaches in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Burundi, Rwanda, and Cameroon.
Title: Gender Officer – Uganda
Duration: 1-year contract (extension based on performance)
Reporting line: Country Manager – Uganda
Position level: Junior level
Location: Gulu, Uganda
Solidaridad is implementing a five-year multinational project dubbed ‘From Climate Victims to Climate Heroes’ that seeks to improve the landscapes and livelihoods of 50,000 smallholder coffee farmers in the Eastern, Northern, Western, Central, and West Nile regions of Uganda through carbon farming and financing. Solidaridad is therefore seeking to recruit a dynamic and innovative professional for the position of Communication Officer.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The primary role of the Gender officer is to support in Gender activities related to natural resources management, climate-smart agriculture and along crop value chains in a bid to build women empowerment in Solidaridad thematic areas.The gender officer will be liaise with project staff to ensure gender disintegration and diversity are prioritized in each project activity. She/he will also work with the M&E officer to ensure gender data is amalgamated and well in the database ensuring clear gender outputs are reported. Provide technical support to the project team in Monitoring and reporting on gender issues, Networking and coordination, and Knowledge management and knowledge sharing.
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Gender Officer reports to the Country Manager. Works closely with the Regional Gender Advisor, the Project team, and the quality team on Administration.
- SABC recruitment : Latest Jobs & Online Application
- Driving Vacancies & recruitment ( March 2024) : Open Jobs/ Application
- DHL recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- Eskom Recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- NEPAD Recruitment : 17 Open Jobs/Online application
- Old Mutual Recruitment : Open Jobs/Online application
- NGO Vacancies & recruitment : Open Jobs/ Application
- Provide technical support to the project team
- Provide advice and support to the Project Managers and the Technical Advisors in the Implementation of the key gender components across the project areas
- Provide advice and support to the technical staff working within the respective field offices.
- Analyze and ensure the interventions are sensitive to issues of smallholder farmers
- Support in updating and sharing with staff recent developments and knowledge tools in the areas of interventions.
- Server management
- Data cleaning and management
- Routine Reporting for the project
- Support M&E in reporting and evaluation
- Data entry, analysis, and reporting.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Monitoring and reporting on gender issues
- Monitor and report on the project-related gender issues in the country.
- Prepare reports on the gender roles in agricultural value chains
- Provide information to be updated into reporting templates for all projects
Networking and Coordination
- Liaise with key national and international stakeholders, key domestic political and civic actors, civil society organizations, international NGOs, UN partners, and donors in the country to facilitate and enhance contribution towards the implementation of the gender equality agenda.
- Attend conferences and seminars as directed by the supervisor
- Represent Solidaridad in the country’s Sexual Gender-Based Violence working group.
Knowledge management and knowledge sharing
- Provide brief updates on the development of gender-related issues in the country.
- Provide assistance in data collection, compiling lessons learned, and establishing indicators to support knowledge sharing.
- Assist in the development of concept notes, project documents and policy frameworks, and research area and gender issues for best practices as directed by supervisor.
- Participate in a gender-related community of practice in the region.
- Support in writing stories related to program and project developments as they relate to gender equality issues.
Bachelor’s Degree in Gender studies, Law, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related field with four years of relevant experience at the national or international level in the field of gender-related projects.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Experience in gender and inclusivity for at least 5 years with project-related activities in Uganda.
- Good reporting and writing skills.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages.
- Excellent computer skills (SPSS, Excel, word)
- Timely outputs
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Interested candidates that meet the above qualifications should send their one-page cover letter (including salary expectations and availability) and CVs to:
Subject: “Finance and Administration Associate – Uganda”
Deadline for submission: 29 April 2022 at 5:00pm (EAT). The CVs will be evaluated as they are received. Only successful candidates will be contacted.**