Position Title: Grants Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Kampala, Uganda.
Duration: 1 year renewable
Availability: 1st March 2022
Ecological Christian Organization (ECO) is a national, non-partisan, Non-Governmental Organization legally registered in Uganda under registration (number S.5914/5509). The head offices are located on Plot 19, Naguru Vale Road, Naguru Kampala-Uganda. The organisation aims to improve the quality of life and sustainable livelihoods of the poor and vulnerable groups in Uganda while building a sustainable future. ECO supports communities and the country and global sustainable development agendas through the core programs of Natural Resources Governance, Climate Change and Resilience and Ecosystems Restoration and Management. Find out more at www.ecouganda.org
Job Summary: The Grants Manager works under the supervision of the Executive Director and provides support to the Programmes Manager and Finance and Administration Manager to assure quality management of grants, programmes and finances from inception to closure. This position requires strong demonstrated experience in the areas of Finance and Grants management, as well as a strong knowledge of ECO’s grant rules and regulations, funding mechanisms, and requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that grants processes, procedures and planning are in line with grant agreements, ECO policies and regulations. ·
- Review activity budgets, grant agreements and budget monitoring.
- Support grants management and coordination within the organisation. ·
- Orient project staff on grant reporting requirements, implementation modalities, monitoring and evaluation. ·
- Coordinate planning and implementation of institutional capacity assessment by potential partners/donors.
- Coordinate the implementation of capacity building needs of the projects staff.
- Conduct and coordinate with other Project team monitoring visits to local partner organizations to assess adequacy of internal controls and to provide onsite mentoring and technical assistance.
- Coordinate implementation of the resource mobilisation strategy of the organisation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree majoring in Accounting.
- Professional qualification in accounting (ACCA, CPA or equivalent) is an added advantage.
- Minimum of five years’ of experience in grants management.
- Demonstrated organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities·
- Flexibility and ability to adapt easily to change. ·
- Strong written and spoken English is required.
How to apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae in English and scan/photo of diplomas/certificates to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position title in the subject line of the email, by Friday 25th February 2022 at 5:00 pm
ECO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.