The Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA) seeks to recruit a Competent and well-motivated Person to fill the Vacant Position of Head Human Resources and Administration. The Position is contractual, running for an initial Five (5) Year period and subject to renewal, upon satisfactory performance.
Job Title: Head Human Resources and Administration
Supervisor Title: Chief Executive Officer
Contract Length: 5 Years
1. To plan, review and implement mechanisms of attracting, developing, utilizing and retaining a skilled and competent workforce in line with the ERA Strategy, Policies and Labour Laws.
2. The job holder is also responsible for overseeing the management and coordination of the Administrative services of ERA.
1. Develop, update and implement the Human Resources and Administrative Strategy in line with the ERA Strategic Plan.
2. Design, review and implement Policies and Procedures that promote compliance and discipline among employees as per the ERA Strategy.
3. Design and implement systems for manpower planning and recruitment of a skilled and competent workforce.
4. Initiate, promote and implement learning, team building and knowledge management in line with the HR Policies and Procedures.
5. Initiate, promote and implement Performance Management systems in line with Organizational Objectives.
6. Review, update and align the Organizational Structure, Job Descriptions and other Human Resource documents in line with the Authority Strategic Objectives.
7. Review and update Administrative systems that promote efficiency of ERA services in accordance to Human Resource Best Practice.
8. Develop and implement a comprehensive Talent Management system that enhances Promotion and Succession Planning.
9. Review and implement Staff Welfare and Benefits schemes in line with the Industry Standards.
10. Design, monitor and implement systems that promote efficiency in Fleet Management.
11. Design and conduct Organizational Development studies that support
Change Management in line with the ERA Strategy.
12. Any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Supervisor or Management.
Education Requirements and Work Experience
1. A Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Public Administration and Management, Public Policy and Administration, Psychology, Organizational Development, or Business Administration from a reputable institution; and,
2. An Honors Degree in Public Administration and Management, Human Resources Management, Psychology, Public Policy and Administration, Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences, and Commerce.
3. A Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources or Public Administration and Management will be an added advantage.
4. A Minimum of Seven (7) Years of Post Qualification Experience with not less than Three (3) Years at Middle and/or Top Level Management in a Vibrant Organization.
5. Should be 40 Years of age and above.
How To Apply
Applications should be delivered preferably by recorded delivery, addressed to:
THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
ELECTRICITY REGULATORY AUTHORITY
PLOT 15, SHIMONI ROAD, NAKASERO
P. O. BOX 10332, KAMPALA – UGANDA
The Deadline for submission of Applications is Friday, 7th August 2020, at 5:00pm. Applicants who do not meet the stipulated minimum requirements need not apply.
N.B: Members of the Electricity Regulatory Authority or Staff of ERA shall not be accepted as referees. Canvassing or any attempt thereof will lead to immediate disqualification. ERA is an equal opportunity employer.