Head of Internal Audit
- JOB TITLE AND DOMICILE
Title: Head of Internal Audit
Reports To: Board Audit Committee
- JOB PURPOSE
Reporting functionally to the Chairman Board Audit Committee, and administratively to the Managing Director, the role holder directs the planning and execution of audits to evaluate company’s internal control infrastructure and reviews internal control supporting operations structures.
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the Audit team to execute projects in conformance with professional standards across KCB Bank Uganda Limited.
- Prepare and execute annual and long-term risk-based Audit plans to provide appropriate coverage of Internal Audit activities within set budgets and deadlines.
- Provide Board with independent and objective evaluation of the control environment and evaluate management’s control consciousness.
- Communicating regularly with Board Audit Committee to discuss the Audit plan status, results of the Audit work, and quarterly reporting.
- Involvement in Compliance Audits including scope determination, Audit planning memos, issue development and report writing.
- Conduct appropriate quality assurance reviews to ensure compliance with department documentation standards.
- Coordinate with appropriate control groups and External Auditors in planning and executing audit work.
- Teach, coach, develop and mentor team members in all aspects of the audit methodology
- Support the work of the Board Audit Committee.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS.
- A Bachelors’ degree from a recognized institution in any business-related field (Economics, Finance, Accounting). A Masters’ degree in relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Must possess professional qualification (ACCA, CPA).
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the field of Auditing, 3 of which should have been in a leadership position.
- Extensive knowledge of the financial services dynamics, international standards, and local regulations.
- Sound knowledge of the business environment and economic dynamics of Uganda and the East African region.
- Demonstrable strong leadership and interpersonal skills to manage strategy, change, diversity, financial performance, productivity, championing customer focus, and in managing people
- Effective communication skills and ability to work with all stakeholders while maintaining independence.
- A high level of business acumen and ability to display orientation to market dynamics and profit orientation.
- A proven track record in delivering results.
How to Apply
If your career ambitions match the requirements of this exciting career opportunity, please visit our website https://ug.kcbgroup.com/about/careers and use the link below to log in to our Recruitment portal to submit your application with a detailed CV. Your cover letter should explain what you believe you can offer KCB Bank Uganda. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.