Career with BRAC International
BRAC International is a leading non-profit organisation with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Founded in 1972, by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed, BRAC is the largest non-governmental development organisation in the world, and is present in 15 countries across Asia and Africa today. BRAC designs proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC’s institutional expertise on various programmes, including health, agriculture, microfinance, education, and youth empowerment, is touching the lives of over 100 million people in the Global South.
BRAC International (BI) is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Head Of Operations, BRAC Uganda
The Head of Operations will be a key leadership position responsible for ensuring that BRAC Uganda operations run smoothly and efficiently. The position holder will also be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to improve the organisation’s operational efficiency. The Head of Operations will oversee efficient procurement processes, robust IT infrastructure, and effective administration, enabling BRAC Uganda to achieve its mission and strategic goals.
You may also like:
- African Union (AU) Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
- USA Embassy Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
- 10 Easiest Countries to Obtain a Work Visa
- UNDP Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
Operational Strategy and Management
- Develop and implement integrated operational policies and guidelines aligned with organizational strategy.
- Oversee all BRAC operations in line with the established standard procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure timely operations, within budget, and with quality assurance.
- Lead and supervise the Procurement, IT, and Administration teams to ensure efficient operations and compliance with policies and procedures.
Guidelines Review and Compliance
- Conduct regular reviews of BRAC International guidelines and statutory legislation to stay updated on changes and developments.
- Collaborate with department heads and teams to assess existing processes and practices for compliance.
- Evaluate current organizational processes, policies, and procedures to identify areas that require compliance improvements.
- Develop and implement effective processes and standards to enhance compliance and efficient operations.
- Oversee procurement processes, including vendor selection, negotiations, and contract management, to ensure cost-effective and quality procurement of goods and services.
- Implement procurement best practices and ensure transparency and accountability in procurement operations.
IT Infrastructure and Systems
- Manage and maintain the organization’ s IT infrastructure, including hardware, software, and networks, to ensure reliable and secure IT operations.
- Lead digital transformation initiatives and the adoption of technology solutions to enhance efficiency and effectiveness across BRAC Uganda.
Administration and Facility Management
- Ensure efficient administrative processes, including office management, logistics, and facility maintenance, to support the smooth functioning of BRAC Uganda’s operations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (such as landlords and service providers)
- Oversee compliance with health and safety regulations and the implementation of security measures.
- Collaborate with other project leads and country management to align operational activities with program objectives and organizational priorities.
- Foster a culture of cross-functional teamwork and communication to achieve shared goals.
Performance Monitoring and Reporting
- Establish and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Prepare regular reports and presentations for senior management and stakeholders on operational performance.
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- A Master’s degree in Business, Computer science, Supply chain, Operations Management, or a related discipline.
- Relevant professional Training is an additional advantage.
- PMP and IT professional trainings
- Strategic Thinking
- Leadership and Team Management
- Decision-Making and Problem-Solving
- Compliance and Risk Management
- Change Management and Adaptability
- Commitment to BRAC’s mission and values.
- Minimum 7 years of experience and 5 years in senior management roles overseeing systems and operations; procurement, logistics, IT, and administration functions.
- Strong knowledge of procurement regulations and best practices.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure management and digital transformation.
Employment type: Regular/contractual
Job Location: Uganda
How to Apply
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to email@example.com
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 52/23 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 31 October 2023
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer