Reporting to the Hospital Manager, the Hospital Operations Coordinator will support operations activities of the hospital and coordinate multiple operational tasks including but not limited to inventory management, claims review, client experience, supervise the non-technical staff of the hospital and provide administrative support to Hospital Leadership, specifically the Manager and the clinical teams.
The operations Coordinator is required to demonstrate MS-UG’s core values of:
1. Client Centred: dedicated to our clients and work tirelessly to deliver high quality, high impact services that meet clients’ individual requirements.
2. Courageous: Have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission.
3. Mission Driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice, not chance.
4. Accountable: Ownership of our actions and focus on results, ensuring long term sustainability and increasing the impact of the Partnership.
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global organisation providing personalized contraception services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free to pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
Established over 20 years ago, Marie Stopes UG is a branch office of MSI. The Country Programme increases access to affordable services and choice of the full range of contraceptive choice to rural and underserved communities through a dynamic mix of mobile clinical outreach, social franchising, and community-based distribution. In partnership with the Ministry of Health, this Programme supports the long-term capacity of public and private sector providers to deliver high quality FP counselling and services.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further MSI’s Global mission of ensuring every individual’s right to: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE.
? Manage forecasting and ordering of medical and other supplies, their receipt, storage, issuance, and regular replenishment by pre-establishing re-order levels.
? Keep updated inventory records and lead the hospital stock taking exercise on a regular basis
? Design and implement an inventory tracking system to optimize inventory control procedures.
? Prepare detailed reports on inventory operations, stock levels, and adjustments.
? In liaison with the cashiers, ensure that there is a clear description of expenses on the petty cash voucher before disbursement.
? Verify and attach all the supporting documents to the payment vouchers.
? Understand the fundamentals of billing, verifying and approving daily specialists/consultants’ payments and ensure that they are affected in a timely manner.
? Oversee the insurance claims process to ensure accuracy and completeness of each form.
? Ensure all claims are vetted on a daily basis and frequently give back to the affiliate doctors/specialist and all other stake holders on Insurance exclusions and limits.
? Define and implement standards/procedures for ensuring optimal client experience
? Supervise the activities of client service team to ensure their interaction with client reflect positively on the company
? Be responsible for overseeing housekeeping & security team’s productivity and ensure that the that they deliver an effective service to the hospital clients and staff.
? Motivates, coaches, train and continuously sets and reviews performance targets for the direct report team.
? In liaison with the hospital manager, promote and nurture a culture of good stewardship, accountability, and transparency at all levels of hospital operations.
? Timely reporting of incidents that could happen in the hospital in accordance with MSI Incidence guidelines.
? Ensures that all daily income is banked in accordance with organization’s financial policy
? Performs other administrative duties essential for the day-to-day running of the hospital.
? Identifies, proposes and when approved implements improved Hospital management system designed for the enhancement of the provision of client quality care and sustainability.
? Perform any other duties as may be reasonably required within your skills mix and responsibilities
Knowledge skills and Attitudes
• BA/ BSc in Health management or any other related Admin & Management qualification.
• Strong background and prior experience/ exposure to hospital operations (essential)•
Knowledge, Skills/Experience, and abilities:
• Excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities
• Strong interpersonal skills that include an ability to work in team environment
• Good interpersonal/communication (both oral and written) and time management skills.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, and MS Access)
• Three years of relevant hospital management experience or clinical setting.
• Four years in administration at managerial level.