Job Title: HSE Officer
Reporting to: Assistant Project Manager
Location: Albertine Region (Hoima, Buliisa and Kikuube Districts)
Contract length: 12 months
- SABC recruitment : Latest Jobs & Online Application
- Driving Vacancies & recruitment ( March 2024) : Open Jobs/ Application
- DHL recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- Eskom Recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- NEPAD Recruitment : 17 Open Jobs/Online application
- Old Mutual Recruitment : Open Jobs/Online application
- NGO Vacancies & recruitment : Open Jobs/ Application
Purpose: Responsible for the day to day monitoring of all the health and safety concerns of the project, and promptly taking necessary action; assessing risk and designing strategies to mitigate potential hazards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and control all HSE matters related with project team members and contractors in ensuring that the Project is in compliance with the project requirement i.e. specification, safety code and other policies/guidelines related to the project.
- Responsible for the health, safety, environment, security & emergency throughout the project duration to achieve safe project completion. The requirement in each project phase is listed, but not limited to the following:
- Preparation: Prepare, draft and verify the HSE plan for the Agricultural support services under Tilenga.
- Establishment Training Centre and On Farm Demonstration sites of: Hoarding/ Marking out the Demonstration sites.
- Transportation: Manage and control safety execution of the activities by contractors and verify that work procedure meets relevant HSE requirements and guidelines.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Monitor and evaluate the activities to prevent and avoid hazardous environmental impact.
- Ensure that Project is executed in compliance with HSE Management Plan, HSE Management procedure, Environmental Management Procedure, Potential Risk Register; Potential Risk Mitigation Plan, HSE Audit Plan/ Procedure and any other HSE related documents.
- Participate in HSE Risk Assessment and hold relevant meetings, workshop internally and with related 3rd parties.
- Monitor and update the HSE risks register and ensure all mitigation plans are strictly adhered to throughout the project execution. Complete any required project monitoring as outlined by the Project Manager.
- Inspect and evaluate the environment, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with client’s required safety regulations and standards.
- Identify potential hazards that might occur during distribution activities.
- Identify and assess risks in the workplace or work processes, and implement recommended measures to eliminate or contain them.
- Investigate accidents to identify their causes and find ways to prevent them in the future.
- Prepare and produce regular HSE reports regarding agricultural support services. Ensure timely weekly, monthly and end of project HSE reports as required.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in the field of Health, safety and Environment, Environmental Engineering and related courses.
- Certification in NEBOSH is an added advantage
- At least 2 years of practical experience of health, safety and environment work in development and/or humanitarian sector with special emphasis on livelihood program experience in community and stakeholder’s relationship building and management
- Experience in the implementation of project HSE plan.
- Adhere to LEU values and abide by the code of conduct and other policies.
- Demonstrate leadership skills, active listening skills, initiative and personal discipline, etc.
- Great attention to detail and organization skills.
- Strong computer skills especially Excel and databases.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports.
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Public Speaking Skills
How to apply
Applicants interested in the above positions should send their applications, detailed CVs, copies of academic certificates(certified originals to be presented at the interview and copies of the recent last 3 month’s pay) to: The attention of the Human Resource Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org with copies to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5:00p.m, 14th October, 2022.
NB: Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Buliisa, Hoima and Kikuube locals are encouraged to apply.