JOB ADVERT FOR THE POSITION OF HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
ACCESS is a community-based organization in Nakaseke district, Uganda founded on the belief that everyone has a right to a healthy life. We also believe that empowering community members through health and education creates lasting change that is owned by the entire community. We are engaging local leaders and cultivating new leaders through our programs focused on: Support for vulnerable 0primary school children and
their families through income-generating projects, and subsidized school fees, Educational opportunities in healthcare for young adults at The Health Training Institute, Agricultural training in our demonstration garden, Access to clinical and community-based healthcare through our clinic and outreach programs using community health workers, Community based research to generate new scientific approaches to health-related challenges.
We pride ourselves on our culture of passion and dedication to our work. We accomplish our mission and vision through dedicated involvement from community volunteers and community health workers, the hard work of our staff, local and international partnerships
JOB TITLE: Human Resource Officer
ORGANIZATION: African Community Center for Social Sustainability (ACCESS)
DUTY STATION: Nakaseke District
POSITION TYPE: Contract
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
JOB REFERENCE: ACCESS/HRO/2020
The Human Resource Officer will provide proactive people development support services in accordance with the ACCESS Human Resource manual and implement the staff development initiatives and performance management system.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Initiate staff development initiatives in line with the Human Resource Development Strategy.
2. Guide staff in career development and the development of individual personal development plans.
3. Coordinate the Annual Staff Performance appraisal exercise in line with the Human Resource Manual and prepare the annual staff performance appraisal report.
4. Prepare and regularly update the Staff Induction Manual and management of staff induction programs.
5. Evaluate the Training programs of the organization so as to inform the subsequent training program designs and co-ordinate all professional development courses.
6. Identify talent and come up with concrete proposals for talent management.
7. Monitor probation periods and advise employees and managers in relation to this process.
8. Any other Human Resource Development functions as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
1. The applicant must hold a diploma or an Honors degree in Human Resource Management OR a diploma or a degree in Social work & Social Administration, Social Sciences, Humanities, or any other Human Resource related course.
2. At least three years’ experience as a Human Resource Officer handling the development and management of human resource systems and procedures in a reputable organization.
3. Proven background in developing and implementing the Human Resource Development Strategy.
4. Experience in implementing modern performance management systems.
5. Proficiency in Ms. Office packages.
6. Knowledge of computerized Human Resource Management packages.
7. Must possess good counselling and guidance skills.
8. Paying attention to detail, high level analytical, and problem-solving skills.
9. She/he must have the ability to lead a motivated team of professional and energized human resource base with a focus on a result-oriented based performance.
10. Must be firm but polite in style; earns respect from 95% of the surrounding team members.
11. Should possess excellent planning and organizational skills; Capacity to translate strategy into action and enable employees to know where they are going through the organizational and individual goals.
12. Must be dependable, honest, and impeccable integrity. Should be passionate and have high energy drive with a balanced ego and the drive to achieve results.
13. Ability to meet timelines
14. Good analytical, planning, interpersonal, communication skills are essential.
HOW TO APPLY:
All qualified candidates should email their applications, CV, academic papers, and two recommendation letters, to ACCESS Managing Director on email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to our offices in Nakaseke.
For any inquiries please contact us by calling, Tel: +256-041-4667596, +256-782-348560
Deadline: 27th November 2020