UN Women invites interested ICT/tech professional with a background in web development, animation, robotics and gaming based in Mali, Niger, Mozambique, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Africa, Senegal and Uganda to apply on the following:
Request for expression of interest to participate in a 3 day Training of Trainers for the preparation of conducting a two week coding camp trainings to young girl coders in select AU Member States under the project African Girls Can Code Initiative (AGCCI)
Duration – March 21-24 2022
Organizational Unit- UN Women
UN Women in partnership with AUC and in close collaboration with ITU, ECA, UNESCO and UNICEF will be launching the 2nd phase of the initiative in March 2022 in Tanzania. The launch will be preceded by a 3-day Training of Trainers (ToT) which aims to create a pool of trainers who will provide trainings in a twoweek long national coding camps to young girl coders on a array of coding courses in the selected priority countries in 2022 and 2023. The TOT will also ensure that training module and teaching systems is standardized.
Thus, UN Women proposes to select 60 trainees from 10 countries namely Mali, Niger, Mozambique, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Africa, Senegal and Uganda (6 trainees per one country) in a competitive process to attend the TOT. The training will enable trainees to acquire skills and knowledge in coding and ICT and be able to support national coding camps in their countries.
The trainees will:
– Attend full 3-days Training of Trainers and a half day launch of the Programme.
– Contribute to the development of a roadmap to guide planning and the conduct the national coding camps in their respective countries
The selected trainees will be required to attend the 3 days training of trainers in from 21st to 23rd March 2022 and half day project launch on the 24th of March 2022 and provide training to young girl coder in the coding camps that will be organized in 2022 and 2023 under the AGCCI programme. UN Women will cover all travel costs including economic air ticket, per diem, Accommodation, visa during the 3days of training and half day for the launch of the programme. Certificate certifying completion of the TOT will be provided to trainees following the trainings they deliver at coding camps in their respective countries.
IV REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
ICT/tec expert wishing to apply should meet the following requirements and competencies:
• A master’s degree or equivalent in telecommunications, Computer Science, Information Technology, or relevant field such as Engineering, or proven experience in Coding/programming
• Additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
• At least 5 years of progressive experience in computer programme development, coding and other ICT related field at national, regional or international levels
• Experience in programs involving young girls, and ability to provide coordinate ICT related trainings.
Experience working with intergovernmental organizations is an asset. Trainees must be committed to the programme for at least 2 years to deliver trainings through the national coding camps.
LANGUAGE AND OTHER SKILLS
• Excellent knowledge of written and oral communication in English and/ or French. Knowledge or any other AU language is an asset
• Full command of Microsoft applications, particularly Word, and other relevant software and digital skills.
For more details and application procedure, please download official advert : https://africa.unwomen.org/sites/default/files/2022-02/EOI-%20TOT%20trainees-%20AGCCI-EN.pdf