Call for Expression of Interest
About the consultancy
The Uganda Country Office is implementing an Inclusion Works Project which aims at promoting formal employment of men and women with disabilities.
The consultant is required to support the implementation of the project and to contribute to the attainment of the goal and objections of the project evaluation as well as close out for five months.
The consultant is expected to achieve the following specific objectives:
- To support the timely and efficient implementation of the remaining project activities.
- To support project end term evaluation
- To support smooth project close out.
Key activities of the consultancy
The consultant is to execute the following activities:
- To Implement the activities spelt out in the attached implementation plan.
- Participate in the Project End Term Evaluation activities as guided or requested by the MEL team
- Support exit planning as well as implementation of the exit plan
The key deliverables for the consultancy are preparation and submission of the following:
- Monthly reports
- Exit plan, risk matrix with the mitigation action plan
- Quarterly reports (January to March and April to June 2022)
- Final report
As the successful consultant you will possess the below experience/knowledge
- A tertiary qualification (Bachelors or equivalent) in social sciences, education, development studies or public health.
- Knowledge of current issues and best practices in disability, the SDGs and employment.
- Familiarity with national legislation and policies in the field of disability, human rights, and employment.
- Extensive experience implementing programmes, including experience of the disability sector.
- Experience of designing, managing, and carrying out advocacy work for social inclusion/disability programmes.
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Terms of Reference (ToR) below for further details.
We anticipate that interviews will take place on the 23rd, 24th, and 25th of February.
In order to apply for this role please complete the below Expression of Interest form (EOI) and attach this to your application, along with your/team members CV
Closing date: 20 February 2022
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.