Job Title: Infrastructure and Systems Engineer
Reporting to: Chief Technology Officer
Duty Station: Kampala-Uganda
Job Type: Full time
Responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and reliable operation of the company’s computer systems and networks. The Infrastructure/Systems Engineer shall ensure maximum uptime, performance, security, and efficient use of server and network resources. The systems administrator will also be responsible for acquiring, installing, or upgrading required computer components and software, providing system monitoring automation, maintaining security policies, troubleshooting, training staff, and offering related technical support.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of issues
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades to IT infrastructure
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Responsible for capacity, storage planning, and database performance.
- Create and implement training for staff, sensitize and guide users on new applications and ICT policy
- Provide operational and technical support to ICT users and control security of ICT systems to facilitate business continuity
- Manage staff and user credentials and frameworks and control access to applications.
- Run reports on system performance for the IT team and wider teams.
- Coordinate the movement and repair of all IT assets in the company.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- At least 3 years of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network-related fields are a plus
- Working knowledge of virtualization, AWS, or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing IT operations best practices, including expert knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocol.
Job Skills and Person Specifications
- General Programming Skills
- System Administration
- Telecommunications and Internet Technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate successfully in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Agile and flexible
- Strong work ethic
Deadline: 23rd June 2022
Apply: HERE >>>>