Position : Internal Audit Officer (1)
Department : Internal Audit
Reports To : Internal Audit Manager
Job Summary :
To review the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls throughout the Hospital to ensure effective risk management, control and governance processes and make recommendations to address weaknesses identified
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out risk-based audits on key business process and projects as per annual audit plans, in order to provide assurance on the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of systems.
- Monitor risks and compliance exposures and follow up implementation of risk mitigation measures
- Obtain data from source systems and reports, analyze it and assess potential risk for the organization in view of systems, procedures and processes
- Plan and perform reviews of IT general and application controls, including supporting integrated audits and system development and implementation reviews.
- Assess the Hospital’s systems/ processes to identify key control points and risks that affect the achievement of the Hospitals objectives.
- Conduct the systems audit planning process, assist in the development of audit objectives and carry out detailed test procedures that effectively address key controls and risks.
- Draft audit reports and conclusions, discuss potential issues with clients, prepare, and deliver other summary communication documents as required.
- Conduct follow up audits to establish implementations of previous audit recommendations.
- Carry out risk assessment to ensure that systems are in place, major risks of the Hospital are identified and analyzed.
- Perform any other audits and investigate IT or computer frauds and abuse according to the Standards for the Professional Practice framework for Internal auditing issued by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Carry out special audit assignments as may be required such as ad-hoc investigations due diligence assessments and spot checks
- Support in coordinating the risk assessment process
Qualifications and Experience:
- An honor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Pharmacy, Health related or any other related field
- Possess at least one industry certification such as CISSP, CISA, CISM or CRISC, CFE
- ACCA/CPA Level 3 is an added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in auditing IT systems, preferably in a hospital setting
- Demonstrated and good report writing skills
- A balanced, mature, and dynamic person.
How to apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates with relevant qualifications and experience should submit their application letters, detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic certificates, licenses (where applicable) and valid contacts/email addresses of three (3) referees. Two (2) professional and one (1) religious leader personally known to you) electronically by filling a form on www.mengohospital.org/jobs not later than 24th June, 2022 by 5:00 pm.
• No hand delivered applications will be considered.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.