Central Coffee Farmers Association (CECOFA) is a farmer owned organization based in Wakiso district of central Uganda formerly known as Nsangi Coffee Farmers’ Association.
The organization was originally founded in 2005 by a small group of entrepreneurial farmers. CECOFA is now made up of 3664 farmers within the districts of central Uganda.
CECOFA brings together coffee farmers from the Central region (Wakiso, Masaka and Bukuya) and helps them improve their farming practices, access the international market, and receive technical training and support. CECOFA’s vision is to help alleviate poverty
in their districts through market-based sustainable agriculture practices.
Title: Internal Auditor
Duty Station: Nsangi
Working hours: 48 hours a week
Reports to: Executive Director
Purpose of the job
To improve operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to risk management, control, and governance processes. The successful candidate
will possess thorough knowledge of accounting procedures, appreciation of organizational operations in general, and sound judgement.
• Perform and control the audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations for both office and field.
• Create Audit department, determine internal audit scope, and develop annual plans.
• Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
• Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
• Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
• Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
• Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
• Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
• Conduct follow up on audits to monitor management’s interventions
• Engage in continuous knowledge developmentregarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
• Prepare regular reports to management and the Board of Directors.
• Proven working experience as Internal Auditor or Senior Auditor
• Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
• Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
• Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
• High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
• Sound independent judgement
• BS degree in Accounting or Finance
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the e-mail below. Applications may not exceed 2MBs.
Closing date: Friday 7th August 2020
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.