dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit for the position of Internal Communications Specialist in the Commercial (CCO) Domain to support our expansion strategy.
REPORTING TO: Communications & Events Manager
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Communications & Events Manager, the role holder will be responsible for creating and implementing effective internal communication plans that align with the overall goals and objectives of the organization. This includes developing and disseminating internal communications, managing employee engagement initiatives, and fostering a positive and informed organizational culture.
- Implement effective internal communication strategies and programs that align with the overall goals and objectives of the organization.
- Manage employee engagement initiatives and fostering a positive and informed organizational culture.
- Develop and disseminate internal communications, including newsletters, bulletins, and other forms of written and electronic communications.
- Act as a liaison between management and employees, ensuring that all employees have access to the information they need to perform their jobs effectively and stay informed about the company’s performance, goals, and direction.
- Collaborate with other departments and teams, such as Human Capital, Marketing, and various Business Units for consistency and alignment in Internal Communications.
- Identify and address communication gaps and opportunities within the organization.
- Measure the effectiveness of internal communication programs and making recommendations for improvements.
- Manage and update internal communication channels and platforms, such as intranet and digital signage.
- Support the development of internal communication plans for specific projects, change management initiatives, and crisis communication.
- Work with the Public Relations and Creative Agencies to develop material and implement plans for various Internal Communications projects.
- Continuously identify opportunities to promote the dfcu Brand within the Bank.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Mass Communication, Marketing or any communications related discipline.
- Standard office ICT skills, including social media.
- At least four years’ working experience with at least 2 years in a communications or marketing role.
- Proven, strong writing, editing and presentation skills to that deliver impactful and engaging content.
- Demonstrated experience in writing campaign, activity and management reports for stakeholders is a must.
- Possess above average problem-solving skills, organization skills, excellent and communication skills.
- Considered an out of the box thinker who displays a willingness to learn.
- Good Communicator who presents ideas effectively, clearly, and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Interpersonal Skills – by creating a culture of continuous development and ownership with self and the team.
- Tech and social media savvy.
- Ability to maintain robust stakeholder engagements,
- A strong work ethic and is a team player with the ability to work well independently.
- Ability to prioritise a key initiative to deliver planned objectives.
- Demonstrates the ability to take responsibility for the Brand internally.
- Willingness to work extra hours as and when required to meet business requirements.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to drive own personal development plan.
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Friday 26th May 2023 to the email address indicated below.
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.