The IT Officer is responsible for overseeing and coordinating various aspects of the organization’s information technology systems and infrastructure. They will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of technology-related processes, providing technical support, and facilitating effective collaboration between the IT department and other departments within the organization.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Technical Support: Provide first-level technical support to end-users, including troubleshooting hardware and software issues, resolving network connectivity problems, and assisting with the setup and configuration of devices and applications.
- Help Desk Management: Serve as the primary point of contact for IT-related inquiries and service requests, ensuring that requests are properly documented, prioritized, and resolved in a timely manner. Escalate complex issues to higher-level IT staff when necessary.
- Software and Application Support: Assist in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of software applications used within the organization. Provide training and support to end-users to ensure efficient and effective utilization of software tools.
- IT Asset Management: Maintain an inventory of all IT hardware and software. Track and manage asset life cycles, conduct regular audits, and coordinate with procurement to ensure the availability of necessary equipment and licenses.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of IT procedures, configurations, and troubleshooting steps. Prepare reports on IT performance metrics, help desk activities, and other relevant information as required.
- Identify IT Training needs and conduct training sessions and workshops for end-users on IT-related topics, best practices, and new technologies.
- Promote IT awareness and educate staff on security protocols and data protection measures.
- Conducting routine system checks and audits identifying and resolving issues proactively based on urgency and impact
- Preventative Maintenance – The technician will also be responsible for checking on critical systems to ensure there are no interruptions in business continuity and take part in the monthly maintenance of “blackout windows.”
- Maintaining up-to-date documentation of IT infrastructure and equipment in each field office
- Providing level 1 Support to staff on how to navigate the Intranet
- Manage RTV servers and ensuring 100% uptime and security
- Ensuring data privacy and protection
- Other duties as assigned.
Note: This job description is intended to provide a general overview of the responsibilities and qualifications required for an IT Officer role. Actual job duties may vary depending on the organization’s specific needs and the size of the IT department.
Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Proven experience in providing technical support and managing IT infrastructure for 1-3 years.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems, network protocols, and software applications.
- Proven Experience in using the IT help desk and Mobile Device Management Software.
- Familiarity with IT security best practices and data protection regulations.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Experience in administering and managing cloud servers like AWS, Azure, Postgre,
- Experience in data protection and management
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Proficiency in relevant software and tools, such as help desk ticketing systems, network monitoring tools, and productivity software.
To apply, please submit your application by September 21, 2023.
Raising The Village is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We highly encourage women candidates to apply.