TPO Uganda is a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that has been delivering services to vulnerable communities in Uganda since 1994. TPO Uganda has been committed to empowering communities affected by armed conflict and other natural and manmade disasters to meet the protection needs, psychosocial, mental health wellbeing and to improve livelihoods. TPO Uganda has over the years grown into a respectable national NGO with a demonstrable track record in over 55 districts as at January 2023. TPO is currently operating in the regions of Acholi, Lango, Teso, Karamoja, sub regions, Rwenzori, Southwest, West Nile, and central region. The organisation works with both in the Humanitarian and in the development settings (refugee hosting and non-refugee hosting) districts in Uganda
TPO Uganda is now seeking application for the following position
|Position:||Administration and Operations Assistant (1)|
|Reports to:||Finance and Administration Manager|
|Project:||Keeping Children Healthy and Safe (KCHS)|
The Administration and Operations Assistant shall provide administrative support to the finance, program and Procurement function at TPO KCHS Uganda to provide effective and efficient operations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain smooth running of the office in terms of easy accessibility to space, utilities, internet, airtime, security, health and safety. This will be achieved by planning timely contract/MOU
- Ensure office equipment/assets are maintained to the appropriate quality and quantity, regularly serviced, faults reported, replacements made, timely insurance and regular updates made to the fixed asset register This will be achieved by carrying out quarterly fixed asset verification
- Ensure real time update of the office inventory stock cards and tracke In charge of requisitioning office supplies as required by both Regional and satellite offices on a quarterly basis.
- Working closely with petty cash custodian to regularly update the petty cash register and replenishment made at 70% usage.
- Support program work by printing tools to use in the activities’ implementation on a quarterly basis.Work with the procurement department to plan and organise project events, bookings Work with procurement department to support fleet manage
- Support Procurement department in LPO generation, receiving procured goods and preparation of payment requisition
- Ensure secure filing of key project documents such as rental agreements, vehicle and motorcycle logbooks, legal document
- Receiving all incoming visitors and directing them to the relevant offices without delays
- Liaising with FAM and working together to improve office operations and
- procedure Hence being able to match in with whatever is needed to keep the smooth running of office
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration or any business-related course
- Two years’ experience in a similar field preferably in an NGO environment
- Knowledge of MS Office, Excel, and Access
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- The ability to multitask and work well under pressure, as well as setting your own deadline
- A pro-active attitude.
- Good time and tasks management skill
- Unquestionable integrity.
How to apply:
✓ Please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees and table showing your past 2 years salary history: Human resource officer, TPO Uganda, KCHS project, email: email@example.com (Attached a one document of not more than 2mbs)
✓ Deadline: May 26, 2023.
- TPO Uganda is an equal opportunities employer that does not discriminate on any basis
- Please note that this offer of employment is made to you with the understanding that you do not have a history of fraud and sexual offences. This is in accordance with TPO Uganda Anti-fraud and PSHEA policies. Any violation of this and other policies is highly punishable as per guidelines indicated in the various policies and the laws of Uganda
- Only shortlisted candidates will be conducted, thus, if you do not hear from us by 10th June, 2023, you are not considered.