Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA) is established as a public Authority and its mandate is to regulate, promote and oversee the quality of coffee along the entire value chain, support research and development, promote production, and improve the marketing of coffee in order to optimize foreign exchange earnings for the country and payments to the farmers.
UCDA Vision is “A sustainable coffee industry with high stakeholder value for social economic transformation” and the Mission is “To facilitate increase in quality coffee production, productivity, and consumption”.
UCDA believes in and aspires for Client Focus, Teamwork, Integrity and Professionalism.
You may also like :
- United Nations recruitment 2023/2024 Online application form
- IOM Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
- Coca-Cola Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
To plan, coordinate, manage and implement the procurement and disposal function of UCDA to ensure value for money.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Developing and implementing procurement plans for goods, works and services for effective functioning of the Authority in line with the procurement policy and procedures.
2. Planning and monitoring the preparation of bidding documents and request for proposals and technical Specifications in accordance with terms of reference and Authority Procurement Guidelines.
3. Assessing and evaluating suppliers/items in line with the Authority’s procurement procedures and guidelines.
4. Developing and maintaining supplier’s database as per the Authority’s procurement policies and procedures.
5. Supervising the compiling and forwarding of relevant documents for the payment of suppliers in line with Finance and Accounting Manual.
6. Designing and implementing a mechanism for pre-qualifying suppliers of critical items and services for the Authority in line with Procurement plan.
7. Reviewing request for quotations (RFQ) and purchase orders for accuracy and correct details prior to transmission to suppliers in line with UCDA procurement guidelines.
8. Identifying and assessing wasteful practices that impact on the procurement process and Authority resources and make appropriate recommendations to management.
9. Developing and implementing a procurement monitoring and evaluation system in accordance with the Authority objectives
10. Managing the performance of staff under direct supervision in accordance with the Performance Management guidelines.
11. Prepare periodical and statutory reports as may be required from time to time;
12. To attend to any other duties as may be assigned by Management.
1. Honors Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement/Purchasing and Supplies, or Business Administration (with a bias in Procurement and Supplies), or Commerce (with a bias in Procurement and Supplies),
2. Full professional qualification in Supply Chain Management (CIPS) from a recognized Institution,
3. A Master’s degree in either Supply Chain Management or, Business Administration or Management discipline is a requirement,
4. Membership of a recognized professional body in Supply Chain Management is an added advantage.
A minimum of seven (7) years of working experience in procurement and supply chain management of which three (3) must have been gained at Principal or Middle management level in Government or from a reputable organization, OR must have worked as a Procurement Specialist for a Donor Funded Project for at least five (5) Years.
i) Technical Competencies
• Procurement Planning, Procurement, Disposal and contract Management
• Preparation of Solicitation Documents
• Procurement sourcing
• Risk Management
• Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
ii) Behavioral Competencies
• Ethics and integrity
• Concern for quality and standards
• Networking and Inter-personal relations
• Effective communication
• Innovative and Proactive
• Decision-making and Problem-solving
How to apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply directly using the link below.
https://mis.ugandacoffee.go.ug/cportal/, then Sign Up to create an account.
Then go under Careers and click on the job post to Apply.
In case you have any further questions about the role, contact us on
Please note the deadline for applications is 22nd September 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.