A Google ad claiming Uganda Red Cross is seeking to fill various positions is FALSE.
The post claims there is mass recruitment by Uganda Red Cross and asks prospective employees in every district to apply via a link. But the link leads to a google form and not to the official Uganda Red Cross careers portal where all job openings are posted.
Uganda Red Cross has posted a notice warning the public to be wary of agencies or persons claiming to be recruiting on behalf of the NGO.
The organization has also used its official Twitter handle and Facebook Account to flag the post as fake, saying job opportunities at the agency can be found at the official
Uganda Red Cross career website, https://www.redcrossug.org/join-us/jobs
A search through the Uganda Red Cross careers portal does not show the positions announced in the post.
This is the false link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc3g5S3Y2M3Nt7ZsXLDfULHzYvZdx8Wr3w8ufT7wrZUY8pkgQ/viewform?gclid=Cj0KCQiA5bz-BRD-ARIsABjT4njaxERX8ai2CjKSQr0_WxRXsLbYWm-kLeSz3KWmu7ijz8AT6wvQbDkaAteHEALw_wcB
Signs of a JOB SCAM
- They want you to pay for something
- Application & Interview require a registration fee
- Many openings for the same position
- An insider calls you to offer interview tips at a fee.
- Pre-work training comes at a fee
- Fake unprofessional email
- Fake Website
- No location, Only a post office box
- Skills not required
- Vague Job Requirements and Job Description
- You need to supply your credit card or bank account information
- Too good to be true
- You’re Asked to Provide Confidential Information
- Your “Gut” Says It’s a Scam