About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
One Acre Fund – Uganda is has kickstarted a project to distribute over 1.7 million trees through 2024 This job involves leading and management of a field team to giveaway trees and sell staple inputs. The Assistant Coordinator position is based in Jinja HQ with frequent travel upcountry to implement and monitor extension projects in the field.
- Manage a team of 4x Field Supervisors overseeing 10-20 Tree Assistants
- This team will give away 100,000+ trees per year, giving long-term value to farmers
- The role will report to the Uganda Trees Lead
Planning and Strategy:
- Support the successful execution of core Field Operations activities
- Attend meetings and help plan for all field activities
Mentorship and Development:
- SABC recruitment : Latest Jobs & Online Application
- Driving Vacancies & recruitment ( March 2024) : Open Jobs/ Application
- DHL recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- Eskom Recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- NEPAD Recruitment : 17 Open Jobs/Online application
- Old Mutual Recruitment : Open Jobs/Online application
- NGO Vacancies & recruitment : Open Jobs/ Application
- Mentor Field Supervisors according to One Acre Fund’s model to develop them through delegation, check-ins, empowerment and training
- Work with other departments and support any program or product development trials that may take place in the districts, to serve our farmers best
Training & Impact:
- Bring the importance of impact to your team, and positively motivate them about the work they provide
- Manage the delivery of regular trainings to the Field operations team
- Promote 90%+ Farmer Training Attendance and Farmer Field Follow-Up across the field team
- Promote 90%+ Tree Survival across all operational areas
- Represent Field Operations Leadership in relevant Working Groups like Impact Working Group
- Facilitate monthly conversations regarding team morale with levels of Field Operations staff
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture and work experience in this field
- Excellent command of Lusoga and English, basic (or better) command of Luganda
- of complex processes
- Integrity and enthusiastic , passionate about serving smallholder farmers
- Willingness to work in the field and experience delivering training
- Willingness to commit for at least two years working with One Acre Fund
- 2+ years of work experience
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Health insurance, paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Uganda
16 January 2022
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.