Job title: Laboratory Assistant
Reports to: Microbiologist/Laboratory Head
Assist in all Laboratory Operations to ensure all the required tasks are done professionally, accurately and on time.
· Ensure safe custody of laboratory equipment and supplies as per the internal inventory control procedures.
· Observe good housekeeping and total cleanliness of the lab apparatus and the equipment therein in accordance to written procedures.
· Ensure equipment maintenance and calibration records are well maintained with traceability and document daily lab activities and compile reports for submission for the Microbiologist/Laboratory Head.
· Responsible for daily verification of PH meters and analytical balances ensuring precision and accuracy.
· Participate in all lab operations of sample preparation, preparing chemical reagents, sampling raw materials and finished products, conducting sensory and basic sample analysis as required.
· Receive and document all the incoming samples for analysis and ensure all details are entered into Laboratory Information Management System.
· Implement Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) as per written Standard Operating Procedures of the Testing Laboratory.
· To actively participate in ISO 17025 Laboratory Quality Management System documentation for laboratory accreditation.
Education and Professional Qualifications
Diploma in Science Laboratory Technology, Industrial Chemistry, Science Technology (Chemistry/Biology), Biochemistry, Microbiology and Food Science and Technology.
Training in Laboratory Safety and ISO 17025 Laboratory Quality Management System is an added advantage.
Minimum 2 years of work experience in Analytical Laboratory Operations with excellent knowledge of Food Analysis.
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- People management skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Able to work under pressure and in changing shifts including night
SEND APPLICATIONS TO: HR@agrieximfze.com
Dead line 13th June 2021.