Nakasero Hospital is a private hospital that was started by a group of Consultant Doctors in 2009 who came together with a goal of setting up a world class hospital that would meet the healthcare needs of Ugandans and East Africans who were seeking medical treatment outside the region, due to the gap in quality healthcare services in the country.
In all we do, we must remember this background and uphold this goal, guided by the vision, mission and values of the hospital.
Our Mission is to provide quality, sustainable, compassionate health care by leveraging local and international talent and state-of-the-art technology.
As such we are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Laboratory Manager
Interested candidate should be able to;
To organize and control all aspects of the laboratory environment and supervise general workflow.
Key Result areas
• Organize and manage the workflow in the laboratory by overseeing the workflow and production to ensure timelines for reporting results to clients are met.
• Delegate work amongst the various technicians by overseeing of staff and activities of the lab, distributes/assigns work; determines priorities; schedules non-routine procedures; performs personnel related functions.
• Monitor outputs and keep records of workflow and usage of supplies within the laboratory
• Supervise the ordering and delivery new supplies
• Test and calibrate equipment to ensure optimum results, monitor chemistry in equipment and evaluate and assess new equipment.
• Perform quality tests and ensure the company meets it quality assurance standards
• Make risk assessments for the laboratory and ensure that the company’s Health & Safety policy is observed
• Offer cover for laboratory staff when required
• Ensure the physical and environmental conditions of the laboratory are adequate and appropriate for the various tests to be performed.
• Maintain the overall performance of the lab including quality of results, timeliness of results, specimen integrity, and the prompt resolution to missing and problem specimens.
• Ensure preventative maintenance is performed on instruments. Assist with the managing of labor costs.
• Assist with establishing and maintaining production standards and laboratory goals.
• Responsible for ensuring that the quality of testing under the guidelines of Quality Control and adherence to the Standards Operating Procedures are followed.
• In addition, ensure that the laboratory passes Quality Assurance inspections by monitoring all Quality Assurance records and procedures.
• Perform any other duties as may be deemed by the supervisor.
Knowledge/Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
• Bachelors of Science in Medical Laboratory Science or Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology preferred.
• General laboratory background with minimum 3-5 years’ experience preferred.
• Good technical knowledge in relevant laboratory areas including hematology, clinical chemistry, microbiology, immunology, serology, molecular biology and histopathology / Cytopathology.
• Candidate must be self-motivated, energetic, able to solve problems and work in a diverse laboratory environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with clients.
• Demonstrated leadership and a history of excellent attendance with the ability to work independently.
• Excellent organizational, computer and record-keeping skills
• Experience in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and Medical Genetics.
• Must be fully registered by the Allied Health Professionals Council
Candidates that have relevant experience, meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should submit their applications, Curriculum vitae and academic certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Human Resource Manager Not later than Tuesday, 24th November 2020.
Nakasero Hospital provides an equal opportunity for all qualified persons and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, ethnicity, tribe, national origin, ancestry, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Canvassing or lobbying by an applicant directly or indirectly in connection with any appointment shall disqualify the applicant.
Nakasero Hospital does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.