TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE POSITION
The overall purpose of the job
This is a senior position at IIDC whose purpose is to support IIDC implementing partners to innovate, adapt and scale up evidence-based and impact-oriented Programmes and approaches to addressing social development problems.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Spearheading IIDC’s technical support to partners in the development and implementation of adaptation and scale-up strategies and Programmes.
a) Provide leadership and mentorship on adaptation and scale-up including providing technical advice to partners to select appropriate scale-up pathways;
b) Spearhead networking and connecting partners to governments as well as coordinating advocacy meetings with governments in support of scale-up of partners’ approaches;
c) Support the strategic collaboration activities among IIDC partners to train and orient adaptation teams in support of scaling up evidence-based approaches;
d) Support IIDC partners in tracking and documenting adaptation and scale-up processes.
2. Instituting, coordinating, and maintaining collaborative/ joint learning initiatives and programme among partners.
a) Support IIDC partners to establish systems for organizational praxis to strengthen the learning-centered approach;
b) Establish and maintain vibrant communities of practices on various thematic issues with *IIDC partners;*
c) Organize regular learning convenings including preparation of convening concepts; suggesting learning themes and speakers in consultation with technical experts; preparing the learning information booklets; guiding presenters to prepare their presentations, supervising administration staff in making logistical arrangements, and suggesting the learning methods among others;
d) Spearhead the process of documenting and writing learning/convening reports and sharing learning with different actors;
e) Spearhead networking and connecting IIDC partners to learning networks and global learning platforms.
3. Strengthening the learning and impact orientation of IIDC and partners
a) Strengthen IIDC’s organizational approach to learning and impact orientation.
b) Provide mentorship to IIDC partners in becoming learning-centered and promoting a culture of learning within their organizations.
c) Co – providing technical assistance and capacity development to partners in the area of MEL. Support in resource mobilization efforts of IIDC.
• Programme design (approaches and processes)
• Monitoring and evaluation (Systems, methods, and tools)
• Research and evidence generation (Methods and tools)
• Training and facilitation
At least 10years’ work experience and practical expertise in the following:
• Capacity development and technical assistance programming and delivery
• Designing and implementing program adaptation and scale-up initiatives
• Working with and supporting government departments and agencies
• Organizing and executing learning events and processes including communities of practice
Experience in child rights-related programming is a highly added advantage.
a) At least an advanced degree in either Development Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Programme design and Management, or a related field.
b) Strong grounding in social research methodologies and methods is a must.
Specialized training in adult learning approaches and methods is a highly added advantage.
How to Apply
In case you are interested and qualify for the position, please e-mail a one-page application/cover letter indicating your current salary and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and type the title “Application for the position of LAS-TA” as the subject line. The deadline for receiving applications is 21stJune 2021.
The Finance and Administration Manager,
Impact and Innovations Development
Centre, P.O. Box 27516, Kampala Uganda
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted