The East African Communications Organization (EACO) is a regional organization that brings together national ICT regulators, operators, services providers (in the telecommunication, broadcasting and postal sub-sectors) ICT training institutions and other stakeholders in the communication sector within Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and South Sudan with its Headquarters in Kigali, Rwanda. EACO would like to carry out recruitment for the position of (i) One Liaison Manager in charge of Information and Communications Technology Affairs (LM/ICT). The position will fall vacant on 13th December 2021.
1.0 JOB TITLE: LIAISON MANAGER IN CHARGE OF INFORMATION AND
COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY AFFAIRS (LM/ICT)
Reporting to: Executive secretary
1.1 Main Purpose of the Position
To manage, coordinate research and advise on development and harmonisation of ICT policy, regulation and standardisation in EACO Member States and monitor ICT Regional Developments.
1.2 Job Description (Duties and Responsibilities)
- a)Coordinates the work of the Information and Communications Technology A
- b)Spearheads research into ICT practices for the regi
- c)Spearheads the harmonization of ICT policies, guidelines and activities.
- d)Collates inter-operator issues relating to Telecommunications and Broadcasting within the region and reporting to the different organs of EACO.
- e)Follows upon implementation of ICT Affairs resolutions.
- f)Acts as Secretary and 1st Rapporteur to the ICT Working Groups and Assemblies.
- g)Supports the Development the long-term strategy, business plans relating to Information and Communications Technology; and establishing proper internal monitoring and control systems and procedures.
- h)Coordinates and preparing proposals, policy proposals, draft documents, reports and other submissions for consideration by the Secretariat, the Assemblies, the Executive Committee and EACO Congress.
- i)Ensures continuous improvements in the quality and value of services under the ICT function.
- j)Ensures continuous achievement of the EACO’s operating goals and objectives relating to the Information Communications Technology.
- k)Performs any other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor from time to time.
1.3 Qualifications and Experience
- a)Masters Degree in Engineering in any of the following: ICT, Telecom, Electronics, Computer or any related field
- b)A minimum experience of 8 years in ICT, Broadcasting or Postal sector; 5 years of which must have been in a management position.
- c)Regional or International exposure shall be an added advantage.
- d)The applicant must be 55 years or below
1.4 Core Competencies
The following are the core competencies required for the position:
- Strategic Thinking
- Analytical skills.
- Service Orientation
- Decision Making
- Project management skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Event Planning and Management Skills
1.5 Personal Attributes
- a)Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- b)Should be Computer literate;
- c)Must be a team player;
- d)High integrity;
e) Leadership skills;
f) Relationship Management;
- g)Problem Solving and Analysis;
- h)Strategy Formulation;
- i)Understanding of ICT Industry operations;
- j)Personal Organization;
1.6 Submission of applications
Interested candidates shall be required to submit the following documents:
- i)Application letter
- ii)Detailed CV
iii) Copies of your Academic and Professional Certificates
- iv)Copy of National Identity Card / Passport
Note: Only three names of applicants shall be sent to EACO Head Quarters in Kigali Rwanda for further shortlisting before inviting the successful candidates for the Interview.
1.7 Deadline of submission:
The Applications shall be submitted online via emails not later than 25th October 2021, 24.00 hours, local time. Applications received after the date of submission will not be considered.
Working language for EACO is English
1.9 Conditions of employment
(i) The successful candidate will be based in Kigali, Rwanda.
(ii) The term of office for Liaison Manager is three(3) years renewable once
(iii) Remuneration package is competitive and very attractive.
Please note that EACO is an equal opportunity employer.
1.10 Further Notes:
(i) EACO is an equal opportunity employer.
(ii) Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
(iii) EACO reserves the right to withdraw this advert should circumstance change.
(iv) Based on the principal of representation and rotation only applicants from Republic of Uganda and Republic of South Sudan are invited to apply for this position.