Organization: Right to Play – Uganda
Work location: Adjumani, Uganda
Authorized to work in: Uganda (Eligible to work legally without requiring sponsorship or work permit)
Target Hiring Range: UGX. 25,020,520 up to UGX. 29,086,335 Per Annum (before taxes)
You may also like :
- United Nations recruitment 2023/2024 Online application form
- IOM Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
- Coca-Cola Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
Target Start Date: Immediate
**Contract Duration:**1 Year contract with possibility of renewal based on performance and availability of funding.
Closing Date: September 27, 2023
Right To Play is a global organisation that protects, educates and empowers children to rise above adversity through the power of play. We help millions of children each year to stay in school and out of work, to prevent life-threatening diseases and to stay safe from exploitation and abuse. We are the leading global development organization that uses play to transform the lives of children and youth impacted by poverty, war, disease and inequality.
Established in 2000, Right To Play reaches children through experiential programming in 15 countries in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and North America. These programs are supported by our headquarters in Toronto, Canada; London, UK and seven national offices across Europe and North America.
With a shared passion for our mission, our Culture Code guides how we act and interact based on five core pillars:
- Accept Everyone – Be intentional about inclusion.
- Make Things Happen – Seek opportunities to lead and innovate.
- Display Courage – Act with integrity
- Demonstrate Care – Look after yourself and one another.
- Be Playful – Have fun at work.
The Logistics Assistant reports directly to the Logistics Officer (LO), and the Project Officer. He/she is responsible for the proper implementation of logistics procedures in all Right To Play programs. He/she is the technical focal point for procurement and transport.
Job Responsibility #1: Supply chain and procurement (45% of Time):
- Generates and updates the list of preferred suppliers; orders and prepares contracts, procures items from local suppliers or elsewhere as appropriate.
- Procures and manages office supplies such as stationery, cleaning material and catering supplies.
- Keeps clear and well-documented files and well-organized archives on operations: ledgers, requisition orders, release orders, stock/bin cards, stock reports, loss adjustment reports, physical inventory.
- Receives inventory and provides timely, accurate stock and inventory reports including equipment tracking reports for management information and donor reporting purposes.
- Ensures that RTP assets are received, coded and registered in the assets register and ensures disposal of RTP assets are carried out according to existing policies and specific donor rules.
- Manages relationship with venders, suppliers and contractors to facilitate flow of services.
Job Responsibility #2: Building management (20% of Time):
- Maintains all office buildings and provision of utilities, highlights facilities and maintenance needs and coordinates with services providers.
- Ensures servicing of generators and monitor fuel consumption.
- Follows up on leases for all RTP buildings.
Job Responsibility #3: Fleet management and office support (10% of time):
- Plans and coordinates the procurement of equipment and motor vehicle spare parts.
- Ensures that daily and weekly vehicle and stand-by generator inspections are performed and that regular servicing is carried out.
- Facilitates the repair or recovery of vehicle and generator breakdowns when required, including repair/recovery outside of working hours; follows up on periodic services of the vehicles.
- Ensures the annual inspection of vehicles as per the procedure of the country.
- Prepares quarterly and annual reports on the vehicle performance i.e. mileage covered and the unit and total cost incurred for each vehicle. 10%
- Plans and provides all transportation services such as travel arrangement, booking and ticketing, visa applications, vaccinations, hotel and taxi booking, travel allowances and expense claims for programme team as well as other RTP staff in line with the stipulated transport request procedures.
- Follows up with staff members regarding safety issues to ensure RTP standard regulations and security are followed and properly implemented.
- Follows up with IT provider for maintenance of office computers.
Job Responsibility #4: Conference and events management (10% of Time):
- Assists with negotiations for space contracts and books event space, arranges food and beverage, orders supply and audio visual equipment, makes travel arrangements, orders event signs, and ensures appropriate décor to meet the quality expectations of the event.
- Conducts research, makes site visits and finds resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Keeps track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
Job Responsibility #5: Team management (10% of Time):
- Supervises and monitors all drivers in their daily duties such as daily vehicle inspections, preventative maintenance reporting, logbooks, cleaning of vehicles and adherence to safety.
- Ensures that the direct reporting team are familiar with their roles and responsibilities within their individual job profiles and provides all coaching and support to build their capacity.
- Carries out the performance appraisal of the direct reporting team.
Job Responsibility #6: Other tasks as assigned (5% of Time)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Must have):
- Diploma in procurement, supply chain management or other related discipline
- 2 years’ experience in procurement at the national or international level.
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and
- Ability to work well under tight deadline
- Integrity and details focused
- Excellent research and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage a team and provide feedback.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word
- Understanding of quality control processes
- Ability to use automated procurement systems
- Understanding of fleet management
- Written and oral communication skills
- Skilled in record keeping and documentation
- Fluency in spoken and written English and local language(s).
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (An Asset)
- Previous work experience with an l/NGO
WHO YOU ARE:
You are highly driven, results-oriented, collaborative and well-rounded leader with a passion for working with children and youth. You are an exceptional communicator with excellent networking skills.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
The opportunity to collaborate with an innovative global team who are passionate about working with children and youth. You will gain experience working for a globally recognized organization with a healthy culture premised on our Culture Code (accept everyone, make things happen, display courage, demonstrate care and be playful). You will be immersed in an environment where learning and development is encouraged and valued, and “play” is appreciated as a core avenue to building community.
- Flexible work arrangements
- 21 days annual leave
- Up to 3 personal days per year
- Up to 5 personal learning and development (L&D) days per year
- Maternity/paternity/parental leave top up and support
- Annual learning week
- Annual staff recognition awards
- Opportunity to connect with employees across our offices (Global Buddy Chat, Facebook Workplace)
- Opportunity to engage in global projects and initiatives
- Wellness programs
- Playful activities and events
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply using this link https://righttoplay.hiringplatform.ca/141844-logistics-assistant-adjumani-uganda/576168-application-form/en to upload your resume and cover letter in English.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Shortlisting of applications will begin immediately and interviews may be held before the closing date.
Right To Play provides equal employment opportunities to employees regardless of their gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. As such, we encourage groups who have been historically disadvantaged with respect to employment to apply for positions at Right To Play. We offer a family-friendly environment that allows for flexible work arrangements in order to support staff diversity and ensure a healthy work-life balance.
We are a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. The successful candidate will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal checkas a condition of employment.
Should you require any form of accommodation during the recruitment process, kindly contact the People & Culture team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org