Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements the Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad. Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality as well as promotes Global Citizenship. With over 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Enabel in Uganda is seeking to recruit a Logistics Coordinator to be based in Kampala with frequent travel to the field offices of Enabel in Uganda
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the organisation and coordination of procurement, operational management of buildings and infrastructure and coordination of logistics services in order to achieve the best operational results for Enabel in Uganda.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- You lead the Logistics team in order to develop the competences and ensure the best results from each individual and the team as the whole.
- You support in the proper preparation of public procurement contracts, in particular by ensuring that the correct logistical conditions for a quick and efficient settlement are included in the tender documents in order to be able to make the right decisions and provide good service to internal clients.
- You purchase services and goods in order to contribute to the timely acquisition of quality goods and the effective and efficient management of resources.
- You ensure operational management of buildings, cars and office equipment and furniture in order to contribute to the proper management of Enabel in Uganda assets, resources and risks.
- You optimise purchasing processes and formulate logistics best practices in order to achieve an efficient and transparent service and to be able to give correct advice at all times
Full job description: http://gofile.me/6QZru/CqLMTzXNu
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Procurement or Logistics and Transport Management or any related field.
- MBA in Supply Chain and Logistics or a Masters’ in a related field.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in procurement and facility management
- Proven 3 experience in Team Management and coordination
Required knowledge and Skills
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation
- (context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.).
- Very good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel)
- Knowledge of purchasing procedures and the purchasing cycle
- Knowledge of public contracts
- Technical knowledge of logistics and freight forwarding
- Good solving problems and you adopt a solution- and results-oriented approach;
- Respect others and is able to build relations on the basis of credibility and expertise.
- Show engagement, sense of responsibility and integrity.
- Flexible and can work in a changing environment.
- Experience in working with Government officials, private sector, CSOs and workers’ organisations’ is of an added advantage.
Are you interested?
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and an updated CV (curriculum vitae) of 4 pages maximum, clearly indicating the preferred duty station via the link:
Deadline for submission of applications: Monday 24th February 2023 at 11:59 pm (EAT).
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Qualified and experienced women are encouraged to apply.