The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
We are leveraging on an ongoing study of bone health with concurrent use of PrEP and injectable DMPA (often known as Depo Provera® or depot medroxyprogesterone acetate), we have opportunity to engage a new cohort of young men and objectively measure HIV and common STIs in these young men and link the results to women’s use of PrEP. This study will provide a framework for understanding how and when young women and men decide to take PrEP, estimate the proportion of women that are benefitting from HIV protection when they have male partners with or at high risk of acquiring HIV, and provide a novel opportunity to engage young men in PrEP delivery and as supporters of women’s PrEP use
In order to contribute to achievement of the above objectives, IDI wishes to recruit motivated and competent individual to fill the vacancy below on a full-time basis:
Job Title: Male Peer Recruiter/Nurse
Vacancy Code: MPR-X001
Classification: Locum (3 months)
Reports to: Study Coordinator
Duty Station: Kasangati .
• Coordinates recruitment and retention activities for research studies
• Develops work plans for recruitment and retention, including maintenance of appointment schedules
• Participates in development and distribution of Information, Communication and Education (IEC) materials
• Conducts and coordinates support groups for study participants
• Obtains informed consent from potential study participants
• Performs HIV pre- and post-test counselling for study participants
• Performs phlebotomy and sample collection
• Observes good clinical practice and maintains participant confidentiality
• Provides regular updates and communicates with senior project staff
• Writes reports detailing progress and challenges with study activities
• Attends study team meetings as required.
• Any other activities as may be assigned by the supervisor
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Social work, Sociology or Psychology
• Experience in field mobilization/recruitment of research participants
• Experience in HIV counseling
• Up to date GCP training and certification
• Ability to facilitate support group meetings
• Experience working with male participants is an added advantage
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified candidates should submit applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of academic and other relevant documents, names and addresses of three referees to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development. Attn: Principal Human Resource Officer. Amber House, Second Floor Room, A 205, Kampala Road, Opposite Workers House not later than 14th August, 2020 at 5:00pm. The detail of the Job Advertisement (The Job duties and responsibilities) for the above positions can also be obtained from the Ministry’s website: www.energyandminerals.go.ug
Please NOTE: The interviews for Askari and Cleaners will be held at the Regional offices.
PERMANENT SECRETARY Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these positions should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 21st July, 2020. Email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
• IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
• In this particular recruitment, preference will be given to internal interested candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year.
• Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document.
• Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email.
• Please note that if you DO NOT indicate the vacancy code as instructed above, your application will not be considered.
• Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University-Main Campus
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda