Coca-Cola Beverages Africa (CCBA) is the largest African Coca-Cola Bottler, accounting for 40% of all Coca-Cola volumes on the continent.
In Uganda, we are currently seeking to recruit Management Accountant based in Kampala.
Asa Management Accountant, you will report directly to the Finance Manager.
Key Purpose Statement
To provide financial insights for the business to aid in decision-making and performance management, drive the business planning process as well as the month-end and year-end closing processes.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Financial Business Planning
- Drive the annual cost of sales budgets and overheads and commercial operating expenses.
- Drive the quarterly cost of sales, overheads, and commercial operating expenses.
- Drive the mid-monthly business performance projections.
- Appraise capital projects discounted cash flow.
- Coordinate commercial finance initiatives.
- Financial Performance Management
- Review production overheads and guide in product mapping for optimal costing.
- Review landed cost of raw materials to offer guidance to the procurement team in awarding tenders and contracts.
- Review the actual cost incurred in comparison to contracts awarded.
- Review Manufacturing OPEX.
- Weekly review of raw material price variances.
- Daily review of production variances.
- Perform OCCDs vetting before onboarding.
- Business Reporting
- Prepare and submit to Finance, HR, and PAC Monthly Financial Performance
- Prepare the HFM to SAP Monthly Reconciliation
- Provide insightful commentary on the COS in the Weekly and Monthly Flash reports
- Compile the monthly OPEX and Flash Commentary Reports
- Month-end closing for SAP CO module.
- Responsible for Incidence reconciliation
- Prepare various schedules for the interim and year-end audits.
- Monthly inventory revaluation analysis flagging our inconsistencies and supporting inventory year-end audit.
- Compile and complete financial requirements for the audit committee report.
- Compile and complete financial requirements for the board pack.
- Ascertain and report the monthly business risks and opportunities.
- Contact person for the external stakeholders (e.g. BOU. UBOS, etc.…) in need of financial-related information.
- Monitoring Internal Controls and Governance
- Ensure compliance with the Chart of Authority.
- Ensure compliance with the Chart of Accounts.
Skills, Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance,
- Certified CPA /ACCA member
- Minimum 3-5 years in an accounting role of similar nature.
- Working knowledge of cost control & internal controls – specifically at the manufacturing site level.
- Experience working on SAP is an added advantage.
- Business Acumen
- Analytical Skills
- Technical Skills in Excel and Power-point
- Result and Execution Driven
- Decisive and Risk Pragmatic
- Resilient and Energetic
- Customer Focused