ICPAU is the national professional accountancy body in Uganda, established by The Accountants Act in 1992. It has the legal mandate to regulate and maintain the Standard of Accountancy in Uganda; to prescribe and regulate the conduct of accountants and practising accountants in Uganda; as well as conduct professional accountancy examinations in Uganda.
ICPAU seeks to recruit dynamic, visionary, courteous, self-driven, energetic, team players and committed individuals of high integrity who can bring expertise in their fields. The ideal candidates should:
- Have a good command of the English language (both spoken and written).
- Have excellent communication and computer skills.
- Have good interpersonal skills.
- Have analytical and problem–solving skills.
- Be creative, innovative, adaptable and have a passion for quality.
MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS INTERN, (Applications Development & Database Management), (2 positions), MISO/01/05/2022
Reports to: Head of ICT
Role Location: Kampala
You may also like :
- United Nations recruitment 2023/2024 Online application form
- IOM Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
- Coca-Cola Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
Role, Purpose & Context:
The role is a practical hands-on training for ICT graduates to learn developing/programming in a way that supports organisations. It will include us of the Institute’s database and develops Institute’s IT and database applications.
- Develops and enhances IT and database/user applications or modules.
- Prepares or secures technical and user manuals for applications developed.
- Provides IT support to staff, members and students including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Initiates innovative ICT solutions for Institute’s growth and development.
- Assists in installation and configuration of computer hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Troubleshoots database queries, system and network challenges, and hardware and software problems.
- Carries out any other duties as assigned by the Head of ICT.
Qualifications & Personal Attributes needed to meet the demands of the role (Required/desired):
Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Expertise in current computer hardware and software.
- Ability to use one or more development language (C++, PHP, HTML, Java, Smalltalk, Visual basic, Oracle, Linux, DotNET etc.).
- Ability to use one or more development frameworks (Code igniter, CakePHP, Laravel)
Terms of Appointment: 6 Months Internship.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants should write to the address below describing how they qualify for the position by TUESDAY 26 JULY 2022, quoting the Job Reference Number above. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Your application should include a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and functioning telephone numbers/e-mail addresses. Send your application with all the necessary documents quoting the job reference number to the address below.
Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda,
42 Bukoto Street, Kololo,
PO. Box 12464, Kampala, Uganda