We are looking for passionate individuals to carry out audit functions effectively to ensure quality of service as laid down by the Bank policy and procedures and to perform continuous audits ensuring procedures are adhered to, and to recommend improvements to the controls and procedures in order to safeguard against waste, fraud and avoidable loss
- Conduct continuous, monthly, quarterly and half yearly audits as necessary for all branches and head office.
- Undertake spot checks and assist in any special investigations
- To ensure completeness of any audit assignments as delegated from time to time by the Head of Internal Audit including the management of the filing and maintaining of adequate audit trail in the working papers file.
- Follow up of recommendations made by external auditors and central bank inspectors to ensure due implementations by management.
- Review of accounting policies, ascertaining their adequacy and compliance with set standards and issuing appropriate reports periodically.
- Evaluation of banking act requirements and checking for due compliance
- Ensure that procedures and controls are being observed
- Examine and ensure that relevant documents, records, procedures and systems are followed and comply with the established policy, procedures and authority limits within the organization
- Prepare timely audit reports detailing audit findings and recommendations for improvements on procedures and internal controls
- To recommend amendments & additions or deletions to existing procedures arisen through the audits
- Supervise and coordinate audit functions with the assistant manager internal audit.
- Support the audit activities as may be assigned by the senior manager internal audit
Knowledge, experience and personal competencies:
- Degree in a relevant field e.g. Commerce, Economics, Business Administration
- Professional qualification in accounting and administration, such as CPA, ACCA or equivalent is an added advantage
- Computer Literacy
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in a similar environment or in a professional auditing firm.
- Accountability For Errors
- Error could lead to:
- Loss of Revenue to the Bank
- In-efficient utilization of resources
- Increased operational costs
- Low productivity
- Customer dissatisfaction/complaints
- Decision Making
- Decisions required on the job with minimum input or checking by supervisors include:
- Decisions which conform to the banks policies and procedures
- SupervisionThis position has supervisory role of the assistant manager and audit officer as may be assigned from time to time.
- EffortThe physical and conflict resolution demands in this position are low but the mental effort is high.
- Working ConditionsThe jobholder works in a normal office environment.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 21st June 2022.
DTB is an equal opportunity employer.