Job Title: Manager Legal Affairs – 1 Vacancy
Reports to: Director Legal Affairs
Reference: FZ/EXT/2022/23- 02
You may also like :
- United Nations recruitment 2023/2024 Online application form
- IOM Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
- Coca-Cola Recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application
The Legal Manager will provide timely and effective support in connection will all legal services required by UFZA including specialist advice regarding the Authority’s activities and operations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitoring regional and continental regulatory changes and their effects on the Authority’s activities and advising accordingly;
- Advising on the application and/or legal interpretation of the provisions of the Uganda Free Zones Act;
- Assisting the Director (Legal Affairs) with the drafting of agreements and contracts on behalf of the Authority and perusing all contracts and agreements drafted externally;
- Preparing legal briefs for Management;
- Attending to queries/complaints from Free Zones enterprises and drafting letters in response to queries on external legal issues e.g. tax obligations, repatriation of profits etc.;
- To defend the Authority in any legal proceedings including courts of law and arbitrations;
- To provide legal and contractual advice to all Sections of the Authority including interpretation of legal and regulatory provisions;
- Conducting due diligence on a wide range of regulatory issues regarding proposed developments as part of investment appraisal;
- Co-ordinate with stakeholders and ensure compliance with existing legal requirements;
- Devise the best dispute resolution mechanisms between UFZA and other parties;
- Perform any other tasks/duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity;
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Excellent interpersonal and Communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Self-motivation and capability to work under tight deadline in a competitive environment.
- A n honours bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognised and reputable University;
- A post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice;
- A master’s degree in Law or Management from an Internationally recognised University;
- Should be enrolled advocate of the High Court with a valid practising certificate for at least 5 years;
A minimum of 7 years relevant working experience, 5 (five) of which should be at a senior level in government or a reputable Institution.