Job location: Kampala, Uganda
Starting date: as soon as possible
Vacancy closing date: 4th of December 2022
Duration position: 3 years
Working hours: 40 hours
We are here for victims of conflict and disasters, who are seeking comfort, shelter and food.
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
ZOA is looking for a Manager of Programme Quality
ZOA’s programme in Uganda
In Uganda, ZOA has offices in Kampala, West Nile (Arua), Acholi (Gulu), and Karamoja (Amudat). ZOA Uganda works both in relief and recovery on the themes of food security & livelihoods, , primary/accelerated/vocational education, and conflict management with a special focus on land security.
In this role your challenge will be to ensure high quality programme design, implementation and evaluation by providing line-management to the Programme Quality team in Uganda. The Programme Quality team exist of Sector Advisors and a MEAL Advisor. Project proposal development is also part of the MPQ role.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Advises and supports Country Director (CD) and Programme Managers (PGMs) on the development of the Country Strategy and Annual Plan;
- Responsible for the quality and consistency of programme and project planning with sector advisors and Programme Managers;
- Responsible for adherence to ZOA policy and compliance with ZOA, donor, national and international guidelines, policies and standards in the implementation of projects;
- Develops, implements and maintains monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEAL) tools, including the use of standardized indicators, in coordination with the MEAL Advisor;
- Contributes to regular risk analysis and review for ZOA programmes and projects and resulting action plans, taking ownership where this relates to programme quality;
- With the MEAL Advisor, develops and rolls out beneficiary accountability (BA) approaches throughout the programmes;
- Responsible for partner assessments and the development of capacity development plans for local partners;
- Ensures gender, diversity and inclusion (GDI) is promoted within projects (design and implementation) in line with the ZOA Uganda strategy.
Reporting/Digital Data Collection
- Coordinates and contributes to the development of high quality project proposals and monitors consistency between donor proposals and Country Strategy;
- Contributes to on-time, high quality submission of donor reports and evaluations;
- Supports in collection of KPI information for internal monthly reports, through regular team meetings, and writing of the annual review.
- Responsible for the development of knowledge management at country level and contributing to organization wide knowledge management;
- Leads the development of innovative project proposals.
Leadership and management
- Provides leadership to the Programme Quality team;
- Supervises and periodically appraises the performance of staff in the Programme Quality team.
ZOA Uganda Integrity Coordinator
- Coordinates country wide activities around integrity, training of staff on issues around the Code of Conduct and complaint reporting;
- Coordinates with ZOA Uganda focal points for Code of Conduct and ZOA HQ integrity coordinator.
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision, mission and Christian values of ZOA.
- University degree in a humanitarian, development or other relevant field;
- At least three years field experience in a fragile context;
- At least three years proposal development experience, ideally with good proposal writing track record;
- Expertise in at least one of the sectors ZOA Uganda is working in is a plus.
- Research skills;
- Logical and critical thinking;
- Strong formulation and writing skills;
- Strong advisory skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Result-oriented approach;
- Excellent command of English.
- Customer-friendly attitude;
- Flexible and adaptable;
- Interpersonal and cross cultural sensitive;
- Able to work under pressure and with strict deadlines.
ZOA offers a challenging role in a dynamic context. We offer good benefits and remuneration which suits the NGO sector (including but not limited to: medical and other insurances, (contribution to) housing costs, training options and 29 leave days).
The position is based in Kampala with up to 1/3 of time required for travel to ZOA field locations in Uganda.
Do you need more information?
Would you like to know what’s like to work for ZOA? Visit our Career Page: Careers | ZOA (zoa-international.com) and read the story of possible future colleagues!
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mrs Heline Bisschop, email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via the link: Manager of Programme Quality Uganda | ZOA | CVSelection (cvselectie.net)
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Please note that ZOA carries out background and reference checks (including COTER) for all candidates as part of the recruitment process. As ZOA participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a written questionnaire: the “Statement of Conduct”, which will be sent to past employers regarding Misconduct (such as sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment).