If you are a self-motivated person, willing to work independently and with others in growing/strengthening our work in East Africa, willing to push boundaries and do cutting edge work, willing to represent the organisation and travel, we have a job for you.
CREA is seeking a Manager – Programs and Innovations, for its programs in East Africa. The person will be responsible for developing ideas and plans across CREA’s four Strategic Initiatives in the region, along with team members in the region and at CREA; and enrich and enhance thematic work with knowledge and nuance of local politics and language. This position will be highly dynamic and requires excellent program management skills, leadership skills, analytical thinking and decision-making ability. Other important aspects of this position include supporting strategy development and program monitoring, evaluation and learning, assisting in resource development vis-à-vis the programs and representing the organisation in different fora. The Manager – Programs and Innovations (East Africa) will be expected to work closely with other Directors and Managers as well.
- Develop ideas and plans to deepen the impact of CREA’s programs, using one or more of the four strategies in the geography.
- Enrich and enhance themes with knowledge and nuance of local politics and language.
- Identify cross cutting and intersectional aspects from within geography.
Program Development and Implementation
- Lead development, implementation, and supervision of high-quality programs in East Africa.
- Strengthen and grow the on-going work in Kenya and Uganda.
- Explore and grow the work in Rwanda.
- Ensure program documentation, management and reporting is of the highest quality.
- Manage and co-implement the Feminist Leadership, Movement Building and Rights Institute (East Africa). This includes working closely with core faculty and other staff at CREA.
- Develop annual work plans and budgets.
- Strengthen and grow existing partnerships, including that with Embassies.
- Build relationships with civil society, government officials and policy makers and other external stakeholders, as necessary, within concerned geographical area.
- Identify advocacy opportunities for CREA’s work in the region.
- Implement advocacy plans.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Analyze the data and identify successes and gaps.
- Oversee design and implementation of necessary improvements based on data and learning.
- Ensure program progress and learnings are consistently documented.
- Represent CREA and its work to relevant audiences as required.
- Assist in writing proposals.
- Ensure good quality and on-time donor reporting vis-à-vis programs.
- Contribute significantly to annual reports and organizational work plans.
- Contribute to CREA’s Strategic Planning process.
CREA promotes pluralism and equal opportunity, and is committed to diversity in its staffing and to the maintenance of an environment free of discriminatory employment practices. CREA’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. No individual shall be discriminated against because of his or her actual or perceived age, caste, class, disability, marital status, religion, or sexual orientation. Compensation will be based on experience and internal equity. A generous benefit package is included.
Thank you for your interest in CREA.
Founded in 2000, CREA is a feminist human rights organisation based in New Delhi, India. It is one of the few international women’s rights organisations based in the global South, led by Southern feminists, which works at the grassroots, national, regional, and international levels. Together with partners from a diverse range of human rights movements and networks, CREA works to advance the rights of women and girls, and the sexual and reproductive freedoms of all people. CREA advocates for positive social change through national and international fora, and provides training and learning opportunities to global activists and leaders through its Institutes.
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the required educational and experience requirements should send their CV along with a cover letter, current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 July 2020. Please include in the subject line the name of the position you are applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.