Number of Vacancies: One (1)
Reports To: Team Leader – Public Health and Social Measures
Job Purpose: To lead, supervise, direct, organize, support and empower thematic (Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS ) teams and partners to develop and implement an effective, efficient Reproductive Health HIV/AIDS Programme in line with IRCU strategic objectives and established policies.
Key Result Areas:
- Provide technical and operational guidance and oversight on the implementation and coordination of all the programmes under Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS programme Interventions.
- Initiate and participate in different strategic partnerships at the community, county, national, regional and global levels to enhance Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS.
- Take leadership and coordinate Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS work and link it to the broader national and international policy issues in accordance with organizational strategic objectives and policies.
- Research and write components of larger research being undertaken as it relates to the Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS thematic area
- Publish at least one peer-reviewed article per annum on issues of Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS.
- Fundraise and mobilise resources for the organisation in line with the organisational policy framework.
- Lead the sourcing, allocation, management and accounting of financial and material resources within the department in accordance with organizational strategic objectives and policies
- Maintain, monitor and control communication between IRCU and stakeholders in line with organization communications requirements
- Ensure timely submission of progress reports to donors and partners under the Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS thematic area and any other assigned projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Public Health, Healthcare Management, Social Sector management or Social Sciences, would be preferred.
- At least eight (8) years of working experience in the same position, and at least four (4) years of post-graduate experience in designing, managing and implementing Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS programmes. Working on Youth targeted programmes will be an added advantage;
- Affiliation to any professional body will be an added advantage.
- Experience in conceptualisation, design, and implementation of Reproductive Health and HIV/AIDS programmes;
- Previous experience in implementing similar projects;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to provide leadership and work independently, and as part of a team;
- Strong analytical, organisational, planning, and problem-solving skills;
- Self-motivated and dynamic;
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a rapidly changing environment; and
- High sense of professionalism, ethics, integrity and commitment to IRCU mandate.
HOW TO APPLY
Evidenced work experience shall be required for all positions. Female qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. All positions are based at the Secretariat with frequent upcountry travels.
To view the detailed job descriptions, visit our website http://www.ircu.or.ug/opportunities
Please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter indicating 3 referees, one of whom should have been a direct supervisor.
You are required to submit a letter of recommendation from a religious leader of your place of worship.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The application deadline is 31st May, 2022 at 5:00p.m.
Inter-Religious Council of Uganda is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.