Responsible to: Director Technology and Reprographics
Responsible for: Deputy Manager
Salary Scale EB 3U
Purpose of the Job:
To head the department of Reprographics and as such and manage all the printing activities at the Printery.
- SABC recruitment : Latest Jobs & Online Application
- Driving Vacancies & recruitment ( March 2024) : Open Jobs/ Application
- DHL recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- Eskom Recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancies
- NEPAD Recruitment : 17 Open Jobs/Online application
- Old Mutual Recruitment : Open Jobs/Online application
- NGO Vacancies & recruitment : Open Jobs/ Application
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directing and controlling the staff of the department to ensure that they carry out their responsibilities effectively in line with set targets.
- Ensuring that all the examinations and examinations materials for the Board are securely produced and as scheduled.
- Raising income for the Board by undertaking quality printing works for external customers, particularly other examination bodies.
- Ensuring proper maintenance of production facilities to sustain steady production
- Reviewing, monitoring, and making periodic recommendations for updating the production facilities following departmental business plans and management decisions.
- Reviewing and monitoring production systems security, integrity, and disaster preparedness and making recommendations for smooth production continuity.
- Studying and monitoring printing industry trends/emerging technologies and advising management on the best solutions to adopt to optimize output.
- Guiding and advising on the development of marketing commercial printing activities for income generation.
- Supervising, mentoring, motivating, and managing the performance and development of staff in line with the Board’s goals, objectives, policies, and regulations.
Key Performance Indicators:
Examinations materials properly printed
Production facilities properly managed
New production technologies introduced
Efficient, monitored, appraised, and harmonious staff.
Key Decision Making
- Guides printing activities
- Assignment of specific tasks to staff.
- Identifies new production technologies
- Sources and guides new production of commercial work.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
Postgraduate Diploma in Print Production
Master’s degree in Production Management or a related field.
Minimum of 12 years’ experience, 3 of which should have been in the printing industry at the level of Principal Officer/Management level with experience in marketing of printing services.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to develop subordinates.
- Excellent interpersonal management skills
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Strategic and conceptual ability.
- Proven ability of multitasking and meet timelines.
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality
Terms of Service:
Contract of five years renewable upon satisfactory performance.
How to apply
All eligible candidates should submit their applications with detailed CVs, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, telephone contacts, and addresses of at least three referees in hard copies, delivered to the address below OR submit in soft form at firstname.lastname@example.org NOT LATER THAN 5:00 pm of Friday 4th November 2022.
The Executive Director Uganda National Examinations Board
Plot 35 Martyrs way – Ntinda
P. O. Box 7066 – KAMPALA
1. Detailed job profiles can be obtained from our website: uneb.ac.ug
2. Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted