Manage the Company procurement spend activities through spend analysis, supplying partnerships and exploration of new possibilities all in line with the company’s Ambition 2025 strategy.
MTN Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit a competent individual to fill the following Position;
Job Title: Manager – Sourcing
You may also like:
- African Union (AU) Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
- USA Embassy Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
- 10 Easiest Countries to Obtain a Work Visa
- UNDP Recruitment : Open Jobs/Application
Reports to: Senior Manager – Supply Chain Management
No. of Vacancies: 1
Main Job Functions:
- Evaluating sourcing procedures and presenting improvement strategies to Senior Management for approval.
- Analyzing and calculating procurement costs and developing cost reduction strategies.
- Driving procurement decisions based on cost and portfolio analysis as well as market trends.
- Negotiating contracts with key suppliers, including costs and terms of supply, service and quality.
- Collaborating with the procurement department to identify and pursue new supplier opportunities.
- Managing and training the sourcing team.
- Estimating risks and applying risk minimizing techniques, as well as negotiating contracts to comply with industry regulations.
- Maintaining strategic sourcing relationships and developing strong partnerships.
- Degree in Procurement and Logistics Management/Supply Chain Management or a related field.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply.
- 5-7 years’ experience in managing Procurement processes of a large organization.
- Hands on experience with sourcing software preferably Oracle.
- Outstanding negotiation and intuitive abilities.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player
- Great communication, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Proficiency in utilization of an ERP system in the supply chain process.
- People Management.
- Information Technology and Automation knowledge
- Ability to easily adapt to change
Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.