SNV is an international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting SNV is a mission-driven global development partner, rooted in the contexts and societies where we work. Inspired by the transformational principles and objectives set out by the SDGs, we are committed to building resilient agri-food systems that deliver food security and adequate nutrition; to increasing the reliability and availability of water and sanitation at an acceptable quantity and quality; and to improving access to affordable and sustainable energy for all. In doing so, we aim to strengthen institutions, markets and effective governance within and across the agri-food, energy, and water sectors, reducing gender inequalities and barriers to social inclusion, and enabling adaptation and mitigation to the climate and biodiversity crises.
We are one team of over 1,600 people, the vast majority of whom come from the contexts where we work, in more than 20 countries in Africa and Asia. Together, we are committed to effective and efficient stewardship of resources and maximising positive, lasting impacts.
Our ability to deliver results rests on our robust foundation of experience, knowledge, evidence and learning; our commitment to strengthening capacities and catalysing partnerships; and the relationships and trust of those we work alongside.
Our core values of people–centeredness and respect, equity and equality, and diversity and inclusion, are fundamental to who we are, and what we do. This is reflected in our vision and mission, and strategy, which sets out our aspirations and commitments as our compass towards 2030.
For more information on our operations in Uganda and SNV visit our website: www.snv.org
IMEU Project Background
The Inclusive Markets for Energy Efficiency in Uganda (IMEU) project aims at developing sustainable, inclusive markets for appropriate energy efficiency (EE) products and services for households, businesses, and institutions. A sector development approach will be applied, aimed at developing a socially inclusive ecosystem for energy efficiency (enabling environment), combined with targeted, contextualised support to small medium enterprises (SMEs) and energy service companies (ESCOs) (supply) and stimulating uptake of EE products and services by increasing awareness among energy users (demand). The thematic areas are agriculture (focus on agribusinesses and farmers cooperatives) and built environment (focus on households, businesses, and institutions).
SNV is seeking to recruit the services of a Market Development Fund (MDF) Finance advisor. The MDF is a key component of this project. The advisor is responsible for the overall management of the fund. The activities include:
Technical and Programme tasks:
- Efficiently manage the operations of the market development fund including MDF strategy, budget allocations among others.
- Oversee the process of identification, engagement of the qualifying grantees for the MDF funds.
- Plan and execute the grant-making process by closely working with the Grants Management Officer and the finance team, and grantees to make sure the process is mutually beneficial and compliant with eligibility criteria and accountability.
- Ensuring compliance and optimal allocations of catalytic grants and RBF grants
- Support to grantees that have received support from the MDF ensuring timely and quality advise is provided to improve practice.
- Contribute to internal and external knowledge development, ensures lessons learned are shared and applied in daily practice.
- Documentation and sharing learnings on the MDF management to improve practice.
- Take lead in collaborating with other SNV projects involved in RBF and or catalytic grant funding with the aim of learning and or sharing the learnings from IMEU.
- Identify and analyse market opportunities and threats related to IMEU project and SNV in general and ensures relevant colleagues are informed.
- Actively participate in strategic positioning meetings and acts as a knowledgeable face of the SNV organisation to the client. Analyse, understand, and develop (local) networks with relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute to market development fund technical content on reporting to the donor.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in economics, Business Administration, Energy Management, Development, or another relevant field.
- Additional specialised professional qualification (finance management) is a plus.
- Minimum 6 years progressive experience at Senior level role in fund/grant management in Agriculture, Energy or Livelihood sectors.
- Minimum of 10 years overall working experience in a development NGO, 5 of which should have been at Senior level.
- Track record of successful leadership of a thematic area and delivering results.
- Strong knowledge of the Ugandan business environment and active networks in the investment space.
- At least 6 years of practical experience in donor-funded grant management and market development
- Demonstrated ability and experience of managing grants in a market based or entrepreneurship development.
- Experience in monitoring, evaluation, reporting, and verification of contract deliverables by grantees
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, necessary to successfully implement the MDF.
- Ability to incorporate or work with local organisations and actors in accordance with relevant Ugandan context.
- Review and distribute financial reports that both funders and grantees need to track their progress
How to apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and motivation letter in English. Deadline is 12 June 2023.
Working at SNV
We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from and contribute to an international global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org.
NB: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.