Trócaire is one of Ireland’s leading INGO’s, with over 40 years’ of experience in international development. Trócaire works through a partnership approach and is a member of worldwide networks such as Caritas and CIDSE.
Trócaire has been working in Uganda for over 30 years and established an office in Kampala in 2008. Working with over twenty local partner organisations, Trócaire takes a rights based approach while focusing on Equitable Access to and use of Resources, Women’s Empowerment and the Protection of Human Dignity in Humanitarian Crisis. (Organisational Strategic Plan-CSP: 2016-20). The Trócaire Uganda country programme is built on a model that integrates a change process from micro to meso to macro levels through working with strong local partners, a commitment to capacity building, clear advocacy priorities, high levels of financial oversight and holistic programme design to bring about social change.
The role of the MEAL Advisor is to; provide leadership, management and technical support in the implementation of M&E systems for all Trócaire Uganda programmes/projects. S/He supports the country ofﬁce and its partners to develop and use MEAL systems and ensure that these systems are used for decision—making, reporting and documentation of results as the country programme phases out. The Advisor will also support others to learn by communicating MEL concepts to non-specialists in an easy to understand manner.Key Duties & Responsibilities
Programme Technical Support (40%)
- Support the compilation, revision and reporting of the programme results frameworks in line with organisational and donor priorities.
- Support in the compilation and revision of programme donor reports including quarterly, biannual and annual reports.
- Support programme staff in developing specific tools to track quantitative and qualitative data on programme results including both data collection and data entry and analysis tools
- Conduct analysis of primary and or secondary programme data, both quantitative and qualitative, for organisational and donor requirements.
- Train and support programme team in data management process, analysis and using results to inform programme strategy/implementation and decision making.
- Support in the programme team in the implementation of IAPG and USAID-Rise Midterm Review recommendations to strengthen programme quality, impact, sustainability and phase out processes.
- Support the programme team in beneficiary targeting and counting in line with Trocaire and donor requirements and periodically update beneficiary numbers in Sales Force.
- Take a lead role in developing and implementing programme phase out-evaluations, Assessments, surveys and key learnings for all programmes.
- Partner Technical Support (40%) • Support partners to develop and implement monitoring and evaluation systems especially for the USAID RISE project. • Support in the compilation, revision, consolidation and reporting of the partner specific results frameworks and reports in line with organisational and donor priorities • Support partner staff in developing specific tools to track quantitative and qualitative data on programme results and provide quality assurance during data collection, analysis and reporting. • Support partners to conduct analysis of programme data, both quantitative and qualitative, to inform programme quality and decision-making and closure processes
- Learning and Communications (10%)
- Attend monthly check in calls for USAID Rise project and ensure issues of M&E in the project are well responded to.
- Support the documentation of learning from staff and partners in a manner that is accessible and can be easily communicated to internal and external audiences.
- Support the programme team to use monitoring and evaluation data to inform programme quality, learning and decision making
- Proactively seek out interesting stories highlighting the work done by staff and partners especially on programme impact, learning and accountability
- Support the production of communication materials like leaflets, brochures and success stories or case studies on programme impact
- Other (10%)
- Support the work of the Global Programme Impact and Learning (ToR) Unit by providing feedback on materials, sharing country experiences etc.
- Participate in Trócaire internal and external meetings, events and networks to share learning and promote our programming.
Undertake any other responsibilities assigned by the Programme Director and/or the country management team.
Experience and qualifications
- Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Development studies or other relevant ﬁeld
- Recognised courses in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Minimum ﬁve years of working in an international or local organisation in Uganda/abroad.
- Experience in developing MEAL systems and processes
- Signiﬁcant experience in capacity building on monitoring and evaluation in Uganda/abroad
- Excellent communications and facilitation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team-work skills.
Highly organised, with excellent planning, prioritization and problem-solving skills.
For the candidate with the required knowledge, experience and passion for the role, Trócaire offers a competitive package of salary and benefits.
Closing date for applications is 12th June 2021