A Media Coordinator is responsible for execution and monitoring of media and advertising campaigns. May assist in research for the development of the media plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development and implementation of HIL’s media & communication strategy.
- Ensure that key messages align with vital business strategies.
- Keep track of ad-hoc and contractual media exposures or and PR metric.
- Monitor advertising content on broadcast, print and online distribution channels.
- Identify press opportunities through evolving issues.
- Scan media marketplace to keep up-to-date on the latest media trends.
- Work closely with regional teams to coordinate regional media interviews.
- Undertake regular national travel to participate & coordinate regional interviews
- Log all archive media interviews, press clips and media outreach.
- Develop, update and maintain all media lists.
- Build long-term relationships with media houses.
- Assist with general day to day administration tasks
- Other Projects assigned By PR Manager.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- BA degree in Communications /Journalism /Media or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role in a busy environment.
- Demonstrable experience with monitoring effective media campaigns.
- Ability to foster long-term relationships with members of the media.
- Knowledgeable on targeted communications and advertising campaigns across various media platforms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Demonstrate good time management and creativity with a keen interest in implementing cost-efficient and effective media campaigns.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team