Responsible for developing and monitoring the implementation of systems and guidelines for providing pharmaceutical services/Medical logistics to support efficient operations at Baylor Uganda sites.
- Strategic Planning & Budgeting Activities
- Develop systems, policies and standard operating procedures and guidelines for the provision of pharmaceutical services across Baylor-Uganda supported regions.
- Develop pharmacy procurement plans and provide technical support in procurement evaluation of pharmacy-oriented bids.
- Develop the pharmacy departmental ‘operation strategy.
- Develop periodic consolidated Baylor-Uganda Pharmaceutical work plan, procurement plan and manage the budget.
- Provide Differentiated Service Delivery (DSD) models that are adapted to provide HIV treatment and care to either address specific barriers/bottlenecks or ease access to HIV treatment and care for a subgroup of persons living with HIV.
- Supply chain Services Monitoring
- Review and analyse the prescriptions data reports from supported Health Units to detect and verify root causes of errors and make pharmaceutical recommendations on drug treatment.
- Organize the quarterly and monthly audits of pharmacy operations at supported Health Units and monitor implementation of the recommendations
- Monitor the supply system for pharmaceutical products in line with established SOPs.
- Monitor the implementation of pharmaceutical activities across the organisation and write periodic consolidated reports in regard to the performance of the department.
- Capacity Building
- Develop a capacity building plan and monitor the implementation of the plan across Baylor Uganda supported sites.
- Review and monitor the implementation of strategies for identification, implementation and closing of quality improvement projects
- Partnerships and Stakeholder Engagement
- Identify and follow up the utilization of resource mobilization opportunities for Baylor.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders, and advocate for coordinated and harmonized interventions in handling medical logistics & buffer stock management Baylor-Uganda Medical logistics objectives and MoH related guidelines.
- Identify research opportunities and monitor the conducting of research findings.
- Carry out operational research on the areas of supply chain and logistics to guide and provide lessons to improve performance then document best work practices in Health Facilities.
- Promote knowledge sharing through CMEs on areas of health commodities new developments and changes in line with Baylor-Uganda research guidelines and Pharmacy SOPs.
- Leadership and People Management
- Provide leadership and direction to the team.
- Mentor and coach team members towards the achievement of directorate objectives.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- Masters in Pharmaceuticals and Health Supplies Management or any other related pharmacy related masters with additional training in procurement and supply chain management or Masters in Procurement and logistics/public health or any other relevant field
- A first degree in Pharmacy
- A minimum of 9 years total working experience with at least 4 years in a senior role.
- Experience in medical logistics health system strengthening at supervisory level.
- 9 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.