Job Title: Medical Officer
Duty Station: MU-JHU
Description and purpose:
The successful persons, after training and delegation of duties, will conduct clinical assessment, management and follow-up of study participants in accordance with the study protocol and participate in other related duties as assigned within the clinical research division.
Required qualifications and profile:
A degree in Medicine (MBChB) with at least 2 years’ clinical working experience including research related experience. The desired person must be able and willing to learn quickly, multitask, have strong documentation skills and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. The successful candidate shall also have a passion to contribute to impactful research which improves health and well being. Superior qualifications relevant to the position represent an advantage with expanded opportunities for career growth. Current professional accreditation and research related certification required (HSP/GCP).
The holder of this position will work under the direct supervision of the assigned Study Coordinator with guidance from the Clinic Division Director, and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Maintain professional GCP/HSP accreditation and complete study specific training as required;
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the approved research protocol(s) and related documents;
- Provide medical services to study participants in accordance with the research protocol and professional standards;
- Document clinical and research data in accordance with GCP;
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary study team under the supervision of the Study Coordinator and Study Investigator of record to perform delegated duties and ensure timely communication and coordination;
- Identification, appropriate management and follow-up of adverse events in line with the protocol;
- Support study document preparation and revision and quality data management through all study phases;
- Participate in any other related duties reasonably assigned by the relevant authorities.
Applications with complete C.Vs, including 3 referees and their full addresses or contact Tel No.’s, copies of academic certificates and testimonials, should be hand delivered to: MU-JHU Director Human Resources, through the reception on first floor, MUJHU 1 Building or sent by email (application should not exceed 15MBs) to HR@mujhu.org – not later than 22nd December 2022 by 5.30pm.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.