MIRASOL clinical trial is a 4 year US Department of Defence-funded project which is in its 3rd year. This clinical trial is a Randomized Trial to evaluate Mirasol Whole Blood Pathogen Reduction Technology System to eliminate malaria and other transfusion-transmitted infections such as HIV, hepatitis and bacteria which will be a collaborative activity involving the Uganda Blood Transfusion Service and multiple leading health institutions.
Job Title: Medical Officer – Research
Contract duration: 1 year
Description and purpose: The successful persons will provide expert service in the examination, treatment and follow-up of study patients in accordance with the study protocol and participate in other duties as assigned to further MU-JHU’s mission and strategic objectives.
Required qualifications and Profile: A degree in Medicine (MBChB) with at least 2 years of clinical working experience. Current professional accreditation and research related certification are required (HSP/GCP). Demonstrated competence in implementing at least one research protocol with research participants is an added advantage. The desired person must be able and willing to work on multiple clinic activities including program research and should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and a strong ethos with a passion for improving healthcare.
Superior qualifications and experience relevant to the position represent an advantage.
The holder of this position will work under the direct supervision of the Study Coordinator and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the research protocol including any amendments under the supervision of the study coordinator and IOR
- Maintain GCP and HSP certification
- Provide medical services to study participants in accordance with the research protocol and professional standards;
- Document clinical and research data in accordance with GCP
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary study team under the supervision of the Study Investigator and Study Coordinator to ensure timely communication and coordination
- Identify and report adverse events in a timely manner.
- Participate in field engagement activities.
- Participate in developing and generating study documents e.g. source documents, study-specific standard operating procedures, consent forms, etc.
- Participate in chart reviews and query resolution.
- Participate in any other study-related duties assigned by the relevant authorities.
Applications with complete C.Vs, including 3 referees and their full addresses or contact Tel No.’s, copies of academic certificates and testimonials, may be hand-delivered to MU-JHU Human Resource office, through the reception, MU-JHU 1 Building or sent by email (application should not exceed 15MBs) to HR@mujhu.org – not later than 23rd June, 2022 by 5.30pm. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.