Position Title : Migration Health Physician
Reference No : SVN/UG/001/2022
Duty Station : Kampala, Uganda
Classification : National Officer – NOA (2 positions)
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term, with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 10th April 2022
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer (Health Assessment Programmes) in Kampala, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing required routine clinical tasks/procedures in connection with the migration health assessment and treatment; to ensure that identified refugees and migrants are medically fit to migrate in accordance with the predefined medical requirements of the receiving countries.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Completed University degree in Medicine and Surgery from an accredited academic institution with two years of professional related experience.
• Registered with Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioner’s Board;
• Paediatric or Infectious diseases experience is an added advantage;
• Prior involvement or demonstrated knowledge in Migration Health / Travel medicine;
• Experience in migration health, migration medical assessments, epidemiology and/or international public health;
• Experience of working with international humanitarian organizations, in a multi-cultural
setting is an advantage
• Nationals with a good knowledge of, and experience in, the culture and traditions of their country;
• Ability and willingness to work in difficult areas/situations.
• Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
How to apply:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience.
Interested applicants may send their applications to email@example.com no later than 10th April 2022. Reference Number and Position Title: SVN/UG/001/2022 and Migration HealthPhysician NOA should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Posting period: From 27th March 2022 to 10th April 2022