Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (2 Fresher Job Positions)
Organisation: Population Services International (PSI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Strategic Information and Learning
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using it’s global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
Job Summary: We are looking for two suitable candidates to take on the role of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to support the implementation of the Monitoring Evaluation & Learning Plan for all PSIU projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Roll-out M&E related initiatives e.g. digital platforms for all self-care interventions, data systems, tools, templates, procedures, guides in line with data needs and track compliance in use of data collection and reporting tools by staff and partners.
- Update internal & external databases, and generate analytics to facilitate routine data to decision making for program improvement at all levels
- Generate all the necessary data and information required for the development of internal and external program performance progress reports.
- Conduct routine support supervision and data quality assurance visits across supported sites & partners to ensure accurate reporting of DMPA-SC Self Injection (SI).
- Engage districts to support rollout of new HMIS reporting tools and Data Quality Assurance guidelines that initiate SI reporting through the National reporting mechanism.
- Train and build capacity of health providers in public and private health facilities and Interpersonal Communication (IPC) agents on; DMPA-SC/SI documentation & Reporting, Learning, Adaption, and Knowledge Management.
- Implement focused in-depth program improvement visits to generate insights, lessons learned and best practices that facilitate SI expansion monitoring.
- Conduct routine critical reflection and learning (e.g. After-Action Reviews) at all levels using multiple sources of information and develop and monitor adaptation mechanisms.
- Participate in the coordination of any research for subcontracted firms, as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in Social Sciences, Population Studies, Social work, Economics or Statistics from a recognized university. Additional training in M&E is an added advantage.
- Two years of progressive experience in monitoring and evaluation, of donor funded programs, preferably in the health sector
- Experience in implementation of collaborative Learning and Adaptation
- Demonstrates practical experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods of data collection and data analysis
- Experience interacting with country governments, donor agencies, research organizations, and other local and international non-profit agencies.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with local government structures and international project management team to effectively oversee project implementation, and to work harmoniously as a team member.
- Experience in use of Spreadsheet computer applications and statistical software packages.
- Strong skills in programming, customization digital systems e.g. roll out of DHIS2, GIS, ODK and other mobile applications
- Must have excellent coordination skills of diverse team players
- Ability to analyze a variety of information and act consciously.
- Ability to organize, interpret and present it in meaningful oral or written form for varied audiences and provide solid analysis leading to sound decision making.
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills and a high degree of computer literacy are preferred.
- Results Focused, Drive Change / Foster Innovation, Customer Service Orientation and Develop Others.
- Ability to communicate clearly and with confidence
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should email their cover letter addressed to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, PSIU, and an updated CV ONLY to email@example.com indicating the Job title in the subject of the email. Inclusion of your salary expectation in your cover letter is a key requirement. Submission of certified academic papers is compulsory.
Deadline: 24th May 2022 by 5:00pm
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.